Skip to main content

Topic: Mount Cooldown Causing PvP Issues (Read 888 times) previous topic - next topic

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Mount Cooldown Causing PvP Issues
The two minute cooldown on mounts is causing significant issues in PvP. We're not able to deal with mounts enemy players use, or take back mounts people tag, because of this two minute timer.

This is what happens when you do short sighted implementations. This cooldown, intended to prevent NPC town griefing, is bleeding into regular PvP and causing significant harm to it.

Scenario: We had a fight as a group and won, the mounts got used in the fight by enemy riders, despite having won the fight we were pinnen down in the area for 120 seconds. This was long enough for the enemy group to regroup and overwhelm us with more numbers. Were it not for the timers, we could have mounted up and left. The timers forced us to wait as it was our sole means of transportation, the wait caused us to mostly wipe as it made the other group catch up to our location.

Think your changes through before knee-jerk adding them in response to a problem you should have thought about a year ago.
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 03:35:01 am by Raap
Proud member of TD.

Re: Mount Cooldown Causing PvP Issues
Reply #1
Scenario: We had a fight as a group and won,

lie

Reply #2
Ya I agree this is an issue

• Otis
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Seems like an easy fix. I'm guessing they'll patch it in when they do the karma system rework

Reply #4
This is by design. Your scenario is the desired outcome.
The whole idea of many of our changes is to transform a single fight into multiple.
That's why multiple clans add time to a VCP capture, why you need to destroy a mount inventory or have to wait until the loyalty of a mount falters to ride it.
To give a second chance to a defeated group rather than making it an exit point.

In addition, localization goes both ways.
If 2 minutes was enough for them to regroup, you were simply near their base of operation and that's a natural advantage they should have for living there.
It is the duty of a group leader to make the calls to withdraw or wait, and to make sure his people have getaway mounts when getting near enemy bases.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #5
The whole idea of many of our changes is to transform a single fight into multiple.
That's why multiple clans add time to a VCP capture, why you need to destroy a mount inventory or have to wait until the loyalty of a mount falters to ride it.
To give a second chance to a defeated group rather than making it an exit point.

If 2 minutes was enough for them to regroup, you were simply near their base of operation and that's a natural advantage they should have for living there.
It is the duty of a group leader to make the calls to withdraw or wait, and to make sure his people have getaway mounts when getting near enemy bases.

This is a really horrible excuse for a poorly implemented system. You dropped this into the game in the final hours and you expect us to think you thought hard about it?

Reply #6

Lmao, I feel for you @Raap because compared to most of the forum community here, you seem to have a brain of your own and live outside the echo chamber.  This post by Uber is actually hilarious to me, sadly I dont think they know why.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
This post by Uber is actually hilarious to me, sadly I dont think they know why.

I think the same as you RoA refugee, you want to change the game to adapt it to your own tastes. It wont happen.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #8
This post by Uber is actually hilarious to me, sadly I dont think they know why.

I think the same as you RoA refugee, you want to change the game to adapt it to your own tastes. It wont happen.

refugee? Hahahaha

Reply #9
@nightblighter
The concept of a mount with no loyalty is unique to Darkfall.
Don't look at it coming from DFO, look at it coming from any other game with mounts.
There are people not even understanding why they should lose their mounts ever, a 2 minute timer is not much to wait.
Let them a chance to come back and fight for what is theirs.

Note however that we do have some clunkiness with sharing the mount with party/clan members, which should be easier.
We expected the loss of protection upon a secondary spawn/ride to be sufficient to get someone else a mount but it seems it is lacking.

Reply #10

it also seems to stop you helping your allies on a retreat when your being zerged, as with DFO you could spawn a mount for friend, now there really isn't a reason to carry spares for people otherthan yourself, I do however think that there should be a trade off, a lower health mount has a lower cooldown, so atleast then youre putting in a risk of using it rather than just being useless to bring until a fight is over?

Reply #11

Very stupid concept. If someone spawns a mount at beginning of a fight to run away and we beat them to their mount we should be able to steal it.  Or you guys need to disable sprint for first 10 sec so we can shoot it down. Sounds like an issue you guys are just too lazy to fix and call it done.  Very sloppy. Disappointed

Reply #12
@Saraski
Spawning a second mount when you already own one will make the first one lose its protection.
Or even claiming one, so you should be able to get down, spawn a mount ,and get back up on the first one, and the second mount will be free to use.
Note however that, as said in the reply just above yours, we do consider that clunky when within a party/clan.
We'll evolve it when possible.

@aparks
You say you should be able to, but why? What makes a mount have to become disloyal straight away?
Again, look at any other game that MMO players may be familiar with. Do you know other games where mounts have no loyalty?
Are there even games where they can be stolen or even go back to being wild?

The point is: to have some form of safety for players and chances to get items back even after a defeat, or to at the very least yo not have their own mounts instantly used against them.
Sorry if you are disappointed, but you need to approach this from an angle that is not coming from the old DFO but from an angle coming from the rest of the industry.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #13
None of your arguments make sense. You might as well say you do not care about changes that negatively impact the spirit of competitive PvP.

You didn't think this through as well as you currently claim you have. It feels like this is one of those topics you feel the need to fight for just to save face. Everyone knows you implemented this system hastily and without considering all implications.

I do not think I've ever seen you or your company admit to making a mistake, how silly of me to think this time would be any different.

Oh well, add this to the ever increasing pile of nonsense we got to deal with.
  • Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:17:58 pm by Raap
Proud member of TD.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
#raapquit no. 605346 incoming