Skip to main content

Topic: New player (Read 227 times) previous topic - next topic

New player
So as the Title says im a noob. Never played old darkfall, really never even heard of the game until a friend of mine mentioned it to me. Just had a few questions if anyone is up for it.

1. As a noob, besides setting up the hotbar and learning to swap back and forth between weapons for heals/deeps, what should i be focusing on from the start? ex. (leveling stats such as dex,str,vit; leveling title/weapon skills, questing, ect)

2. As someone who is mainly going to play this game duo with my friend, is it necessary to join a guild to get things done/pvp or is joining a clan more for learning the in and outs of the game?

3. Is this game heavily reliant on big guilds? for ex. I tried life is fuedal mmo with the same friend and we joined a big guild but got turned off because they basically ran their alliance as a damn slave trade.

4. what would you say is a comfortable stat margin to even think about engaging back on people trying to gank? at most 1v1 or 1v2? should my health be over 300 before i even think about pvp? Should my weapon/title stats be at a certain number before pvp as well?

thank you for any tips in advance. I know this game is sandboxy and a grind but putting in that grind time is what i do so not really worried about that. #inb4thisgameisagrind comments.

Re: New player
Reply #1
1) it depends. If you go for melee/archery, skill up those plus lesser/greater magic for utilities (however these will be reworked soon to be there off the shelf so do not go too heavily). Use meditation for quickness in that case. If you go mage route, meditate your damage school.

2) I would recommend joining guild that has similar values that you have; this way you get help, easier access to gear, and enjoy more aspects of the gameplay. And in dangerous world like Darkfall, your guildmates are worth to you much more than in eg. WoW.

3) Never heared about such requirements

4) Player skill, character strength and gear play part. Never go out with stuff you can not afford to lose, when you think you can not win and can flee do it, when you think you can not get away (or when you feel confident), fight.

Reply #2
Joining a (veteran) clan will always be beneficial to your learning curve of the game;
But honestly, chose the playstyle that gives you the most fun at the time. Joining a clan be disruptive aswell and take away from the exploration aspect of the game if you want to take your time...

4. what would you say is a comfortable stat margin to even think about engaging back on people trying to gank? at most 1v1 or 1v2? should my health be over 300 before i even think about pvp? Should my weapon/title stats be at a certain number before pvp as well?

Stats requirements are really dependent on your playstyle (melee = high str + quickness imo ; Archery = Dex + Quickness, Mage Intelligence obviously.)

Having at least one skill pushed high (50 + 75 are the big milestones in this iteration as i understand it) as "the" damage source in pvp is crucial in my opinion.

So the first milestone would be 50 Archery, 50 2h melee skill or for a mage playstlye one r50 (they are called that because they are the damage spell unlocked at skill level 50 of the respective school of magic) and a ray spell at level 50.

Obviously after that you'll have a whole lot of room for improvement but it should be the first step to being able to really deliver pain in pvp.
  • Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 02:30:55 am by Asgaarion

Reply #3
1: if going physical ie bow/melee start meditating quickness asap it helps a lot. Don't forget to set your titles either. If going mage I really have no idea.

2: while you could definitely duo in game it would be best and make life much easier to link up with a guild.

3: not really. Small guilds have a large impact as well as solo players.

4: Always fight back if you can. There's really not a set in stone mark. However, if you're physical and have rank zero weapons/gear or even rank 10 at this point I'd run. Most will be in r40 today which is a large difference in protections and dmg. If mage you'd be fine to engage just keep distance or heal melees