Skip to main content

Topic: Good Spawns to grind Melee/Archery on? (Read 796 times) previous topic - next topic

Good Spawns to grind Melee/Archery on?
Now that loot changed significantly, what are good spawns to farm archery/melee on?

I used to be a good farmer in dfo/roa but now i really don't have a clue how to grind up while also working on bags.

What used to make spawns viable obviously was sustainability (mobs dropping exactly what you'd kill them with - for example vilegaunts which dropped r50 bow's + arrows) which is now exclusive to magic

The next best option to farming what you need is farm what other people need + sell it to buy your stuff but i also have no idea what crafting mats are desired for the new cloth and leather armor types for example.

Re: Good Spawns to grind Melee/Archery on?
Reply #1
Elementals skin for Elemental Cloth (needed for 2 out of 3 mastery robes), and various monsters skin for Thick leather (starting with Crogs and Ogres; needed for most of Tailoring Mastery gear, usually needed in big quantities). You can use the in-game map's search option to find stuff like that (you can literally search for "Thick Leather" and it'll show you mobs and % to loot/skin it)

As for good mobs to level Melee and/or Archery, you could check out:
* Undead Dwarves - enough HP to whack them for some gains, some gold drops, arrow drops, chance for iron drop (unless it got changed)
* Erodach - people are saying it's doable with archery, and they drop lots of gold and regs and have a chance for maps, panacea potions etc
* Crog - kinda bad, but they can take a beating; no drops, but can skin for Thick Leather (don't do melee, their bleed is annoying, and their ranged projectiles are super easy to dodge)
* obviously various low tier mobs like Kobolds (especially spawns with Strongmen), but that's not very profitable

Sorry I'm not of more help, I never bothered checking what's good for melee/archery as I'm not interested in that playstyle.
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #2
ty dude,

Do you know if they changed anything to transmute mechanics (in terms of how it is done properly, i know they changed it to the corresponding weaponcrafting-skill)?

That's the thing that comes to mind when you say elementals, since most of them (except earth ones i believe) need to be smacked by transmutes.

• Raap
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
I can recommend Celestials (not the greater one) for pure tank and spank melee training. You will need a group of healers and melees, about 10 players will do, and you can box them in one at a time. Compared to most mobs they deal very little melee damage and also do not spam crazy ranged DPS.

That's the only mob that really stands out for melee, the rest, no matter how you look at it, will take notable health/stamina upkeep maintenance which drops your skill training efficiency down to nothing.

Archery is not economically sustainable to level up. I recommend meditating archery as soon as you reach ~level 50 in it, as at this point, meditation becomes very cost-effective. This is why my main currently spends more time offline, and I mostly just harvest with my alts.

Reply #4
I split my time between leveling for skill/exp and farming for profit.

For skill/exp grinding its better to hit a higher tier mob for low damage over and over then a low tier mob for more damage. 

For Melee - Put on metal armour and go grind on the highest tier mob you can.  If you are always retreating and healing up its too high.  You should be able to almost stay in melee until its dead.  If your health is very high by the time its dead you can swap out some metal for leather peices for better damage, speed and stamina regen.

For archery - Go full leather and and go grind on the highest tier mob you can. Use terrian to avoid range attacks. Use the arrow debuff from air or the peiceing debuff from Necro to increase you damage per shot.

For farming I prefer melee as its alot cheaper than archery due to not having to spend gold on arrows.

Chosse a mob that drops good gold, crafting mats e.g. leather/iron ore, skins for something that sells and of course regs.  Again put on metal armour do a few rounds and see if your can swap out some peices for leather.  You will increase you dps and speed you can kill them and thus farm them faster.  Its a balance between staying in melee, killing them fast and not wasting time having to always pull back and heal/transfer.

Reply #5
found a friend for heal your back and you will be able to farm lot of mob

• Lockz
  • [*]
Reply #6
I killed goblins for 20 hours and got pole-arm mastery.

Reply #7
Kinda lame that mages have all the pve options and archers have none. Loot apocalypse pff.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Kinda lame that mages have all the pve options and archers have none. Loot apocalypse pff.

Shh, we've got goblins . It's fine!