Skip to main content

Topic: Bunny Hooping / Begone ( PLEASE REMOVE THIS GAME BREAKING FEATURE) (Read 312 times) previous topic - next topic

Bunny Hooping / Begone ( PLEASE REMOVE THIS GAME BREAKING FEATURE)
I know this is a mechanic from darkfall online, but it literally circumvents the awesome combat mechanics. Any thought from the player base/ devs on this ? thanks.

Re: Bunny Hooping / Begone ( PLEASE REMOVE THIS GAME BREAKING FEATURE)
Reply #1
No.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
Thank you for the informative response.

Reply #3
BHopping was greatly changed, It is not equal to DFO or RoA. You can die fast on it and cant do alot of jumps for free. Increased damage + stamina damage + you can just killself. Plus it all depend on your magic skills and armor you have on

Reply #4
I understand the change , but what does having a B- hopping mechanic really achieve. This game has several layers of combat mechancs and bunny hopping , imo seems to have an advantage/unrealistic benefit against magic / melee and arrows. Every game that ive ever played that has b-hopping always results in it being removed due to being OP and retarded.

Reply #5
all that meele left clicking must be hard when some one bhops

layers of combat LOL lets just remove all magic and only have swords so we can all hold left mouse down together

cause u know, being able to track some one in meele is the highest skill ceiling of any game, ever /s
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #6
Combat could still use magic without all of the jumping around... jumping is fine, but not the constant flying around that is currently possible, it actually hurts combat. This is especially true for anyone with more than 100 ping, which is pretty much all NA players. Slowing combat down and keeping it grounded will be a MUST if you want people to stick with combat other than your low-ping jump lovers.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
I HATE bunny hopping.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I HATE bunny hopping.

I'm sure everyone cares.

Reply #9
Combat could still use magic without all of the jumping around... jumping is fine, but not the constant flying around that is currently possible, it actually hurts combat. This is especially true for anyone with more than 100 ping, which is pretty much all NA players. Slowing combat down and keeping it grounded will be a MUST if you want people to stick with combat other than your low-ping jump lovers.

constant flying around? not sure if that is the best to describe the current situation.
Like, you can't fly around, you will get massive dmg when you just go slightly higher then a normal jump.

I always hated bunny-hopping, since it was massively broken back then, people didn't used mounts because you could hop faster, this is no more and imo begone is the only way to bunny am i right? everyone got this skill, and everyone should learn to use it just because of pve, you need to re position in combat and that is all it is atm , it isn't much of a escape tool anymore, it is more of a combat re-positioning tool.

Reply #10
Perhaps nobody has played an FPS where you cannot jump... but that is what I am referring to. Ghost Recon/Division, games like that keep you on the ground, and in my opinion it is better combat. More tactical, less... flying all over the screen. If you simply made jumping VERY situational (IE it takes half your stamina or something) and then gave a slight speed adjustment based on encumbrance you could still let light armor/cloth wearers avoid getting chopped up and take away the senseless jump fests that combat turns into.

I am fine with spells like begone, it has like a 10 second cool down and is very situational, it is the standard space bar I have an issue with. It gets used way too much.

Reply #11
Bhopping is pretty lame in it's self. To do it effectively you have to be a mage. You can semi do it in full armor with unburden. However it is no where near as quick or effective as doing it as a mage. So good luck catching up with one when he runs away like a little bitch.

And water bhopping is just OP af. I would say at the very least remove or nerf the hell out of water bhopping. I can deal with the land stuff if I have too. But in water, its just retard op.

Reply #12
bunnyhopping on land should be allowed as you take damage while doing it and mages need to break distance, sorry you cant mindlessly derp with a 2 handed weapon.

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #13
Regarding water bhopping i agree, should be removed it has always been retarded.
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
I HATE bunny hopping.

I'm sure everyone cares.

Lots of people care and don't want this crap into the game, is a decade that people ask for the removal of this shitty exploit. It continue to be abused even with the penalties, i prefer mounts to be the only fast traveling and escape way.
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:41:32 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues