Skip to main content

Topic: Regionalized Markets (Read 535 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Regionalized Markets
Reply #15
i don't like this idea. i make good money by buying at the capital and selling in others markets of the same racial area.

Reply #16
i don't like this idea. i make good money by buying at the capital and selling in others markets of the same racial area.
Ya I make good money moving the basically free gear Crafters unload in capital markets to the outlying towns.  Don't do it regularly but if I'm in sanguine and headed to another town I check market for surplus gear I know I can resell.  Can even try asking in chat, for example, "anyone in a elf land city whose market lacks gear?" Or wherever you're at.
  • Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:52:33 am by spoonlord

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I would like to see the system a little more involved. The 3 newb cities around the capitals START connected. AH and Bank are connected. NPC timed caravans leave the capital, traveling to these cities and back. These can be attacked and destroyed. If a caravan is destroyed or multiple caravans are destroyed, that city is cut off. Alliance needs to fulfill a process to reactivate the caravans.

Local banking is cool, but we can make it more entertaining. It would create some meaningful PVP around the capitals apart from simple gatherer ganks.

Reply #18
This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

This is DND, not any other iteration of DF. Everything is slower, and more local. It is the way it is.

Reply #19
This is a horrible idea. Then the only opportunities for traders are travelling 30+ minutes to the next racial capital.

If your local markets are undeveloped then I suggest you try stocking them up to make a profit.

like every local market is empty compared to the capitol because if people actually want something to sell they list it in the capitol...

hello?
LOUNGE LIZARD/SKY

Reply #20
This is a horrible idea. Then the only opportunities for traders are travelling 30+ minutes to the next racial capital.

If your local markets are undeveloped then I suggest you try stocking them up to make a profit.

like every local market is empty compared to the capitol because if people actually want something to sell they list it in the capitol...

hello?

Yea, this might have something with the tendency to not want to waste time checking/stocking markets you aren't sure will even be a thing, especially with how much more of a timesink this game has added to the original DFO. Clocks-a-ticking. :)

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #21
Because you aren't checking or stocking markets doesnt mean other people aren't. In dwarlands people are. If there is a problem it is with the players in your faction.