Skip to main content

Topic: How to deal with this? Is this blue blocking? (Read 1201 times) previous topic - next topic

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: How to deal with this? Is this blue blocking?
Reply #15
Yes, clearly the issue here was that the new player was bad in pvp.
A better skilled player would have dodged the ray and then turned and killed him, lost alignment and not cared.
A slightly worse player would have been hit by the ray, turned and killed him within 12 seconds and ganked and looted (oh wait, that takes time), and not cared.
A normal player gets hit by the ray, cannot kill him within 12 seconds and risks going grey at the end bit of it.
But even if he does kill him, still cannot gank him, or loot. So at best the guy is back 30 seconds later to pick up his own stuff.

New players just get shot over and over, not able to act in any sensible way and they wonder why a racial ally is shooting (exclusively) at them. And they dont loot enough, because they do quickly learn that looting gets you killed with how spawn scaling works.

Welcome to darkfall, where stupid shit is defended in the name of teaching you to improve.

• PANZERBUNNY
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #16
A forgive option would be nice for the person you accidentally hit.

Reply #17
The only way jungle kingdom can get some kills...
BimBam Kaboom - Simiran

Reply #18
Honestly, and I know I'm in the minority, I think there should be a toggle to turn off friendly fire, meaning if the toggle is on and you swing at a mob and hit another player, the player takes no damage and you take no grey.  Only would work in lawful areas.

It would be very easy to use to identify newb griefers and allow newer players to group without a misclick turning  into someone accidentally becoming red.

Would be pretty easy to code too.

Honestly anything that could chase away a new player can't be bad.  Healthy population equals healthy game.

Reply #19
Honestly, and I know I'm in the minority, I think there should be a toggle to turn off friendly fire, meaning if the toggle is on and you swing at a mob and hit another player, the player takes no damage and you take no grey.  Only would work in lawful areas.

It would be very easy to use to identify newb griefers and allow newer players to group without a misclick turning  into someone accidentally becoming red.

Would be pretty easy to code too.

Honestly anything that could chase away a new player can't be bad.  Healthy population equals healthy game.

Are you serious? How is a FF off person playing darkfall.

Reply #20
Today, I was finishing off my troll quest and spawn was full of people.

This player Drigo Hunger from <Jungle Kingdom> been attacking/harassing me for a long time.  He keep switching between blue and grey and attempted to kill me many times.

Can I attack him but still stay blue myself? Am I a sitting duck in this situation?

You can watch my broadcast from https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224152310 from 58:22 till the end.

Here is a small clip.
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailHungryKuduTBTacoRight

if you cant deal with fun in the game,then go play df uw or wow pls.
casual kids still think its a grief and cry on forum....If there was no blue bloking and stuff like that,then you will play boring game u kid.

Reply #21
@CeliahAiley Is this what your clan has become? Griefing new players and newbie spawns?

Real improvement there bro!
its not grief its a full loot pvp game,if you fix this "grief" then you will play boring game like df uw

Reply #22
Its more like a game process than a grief.If you think its grief,then pvp games is not for u,fairy kid.
Blue blocking is a normall thing in a pvp game,in la2 was same and nobody was crying.
Yes fix this "grief" and lose 50% fun of game...What a casual kids.
  • Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:11:03 pm by 4ifirnul

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #23
It is intentionally harming other players, with no reward of your own (granted, he steals the PvE loot im sure).
Uber knows they need to make looting a grave split it among the people engaged with the spawn, or something.
But you cant say he's being a helpfull racial ally that you look forward to meeting in a spawn.

That was the intention, with the alignment changes and spawn scaling.

Reply #24
Same old mentality..

That's the only thing that needs changing if this version is ever going to survive.

Reply #25
The alignment system is fine, the game was just launched, hardly anyone sits around the starter areas anymore.

Leave the game hardcore, we dont need it nerfed into safezones or easier ways to kill a grey or a red.

Its part of the sand in the box!

saying that though, they consider it an issue, not as much of an issue as looting was, but its on their priority  lol

Reply #26
I think the grey flagging system could use a tweak.

If the victim (aka guy being hit) hits the enemy who is grey the grey timer should extend another 15 seconds. So a harasser can be chased down and killed without alignment loss. Or at least taught not to mess with you.

However to prevent accidental hit/grey then being chased down and killed over an accident the aggressor healing the victim instantly turns the aggressor back blue.

So you heal the guy you hit and you are blue instantly. If the victim turns and attacks they get an extended grey timer. Should only work for the victim attacking the grey. Others can damage but the timer doesn't extend.

I like this!

I'm not keen on it... Consider there's another way these kind of griefers try to catch you - they try jumping into your swings to get YOU to turn grey. Right now, if you accidentally hit someone, you just need to stop swinging and survive the 12 seconds to be safe. The above change would basically be a death sentence for a noob being griefed.
Did you know you can ignore toxic posters, stopping the forum from showing you the text of their posts? Starving trolls eventually move on. Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply #27
I think the grey flagging system could use a tweak.

If the victim (aka guy being hit) hits the enemy who is grey the grey timer should extend another 15 seconds. So a harasser can be chased down and killed without alignment loss. Or at least taught not to mess with you.

However to prevent accidental hit/grey then being chased down and killed over an accident the aggressor healing the victim instantly turns the aggressor back blue.

So you heal the guy you hit and you are blue instantly. If the victim turns and attacks they get an extended grey timer. Should only work for the victim attacking the grey. Others can damage but the timer doesn't extend.

I like this!

Great Idea! So much easier grief with!!!!
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #28
Today, I was finishing off my troll quest and spawn was full of people.

This player Drigo Hunger from <Jungle Kingdom> been attacking/harassing me for a long time.  He keep switching between blue and grey and attempted to kill me many times.

Can I attack him but still stay blue myself? Am I a sitting duck in this situation?

You can watch my broadcast from https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224152310 from 58:22 till the end.

Here is a small clip.
https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailHungryKuduTBTacoRight

He can't loot you without taking a alignment hit (-4) no matter how you die so his griefing is short lived.

The normal new player would have Halo protection and not have to worry about this stuff.

Players are going to come across this stuff in game, like TD killing my mount when I was human. You have to take it with a grain of salt, it is a open world PvP game. I think the current system is pretty good, it preps you for those times when you spend a few hours gathering high end mats for a siege bag and die in less time it takes you to drag the items to the bag.

• Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 05:43:33 pm by Ivar_theBoneless

Reply #29
No, this is not blue blocking, as he's obviously gray, not blue. And he's not standing on the path of your shots while being blue.

But I only watched the short video.
  • Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:57:32 pm by wildNothing