Skip to main content

Topic: screen keeps freezing (Read 697 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: screen keeps freezing
Reply #15
game runs beautiful using the lastest AMD radeon drivers, maxed settings.
I dueled him once and was in control first half of the fight and then food buff wore out and not noticing lost, so he did win but hes by no means any better a player than I.

Reply #16
Still got this after patch.

Reply #17
Sorry, nothing changed for me. Freezes force me to relog after around 1h on mob spawn.
knock knock @Ub3rgames
sorry, any support there?

Reply #18
Sorry, nothing changed for me. Freezes force me to relog after around 1h on mob spawn.
knock knock @Ub3rgames
sorry, any support there?
Could you list do we have anything in common?

1. Played in indev and installed game just by updating that version. Did copy my binds etc from the indev version to live version.
2. Nvidia 1060 3gb. Geforce experience installed. Driver 390.77. (drivers i had before had the same thing)
3. PC 3570k at 4,4ghz, 16gb ram
4. G-sync 144hz display
5. Fullscreen 1080p resolution. Mostly on low graphic settings in game.

Reply #19
There are still some other leaks we haven't fixed yet, so that might be why. Especially if your issues came upon alt-tabing.
Note however that the most stable shader version is version 3. We recommend using that one over the others.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #20
Got it yesterday after 50min and I alt-tab totally 2 times. We were group fighting on the mob spawn. It starts with a random lags here and there. Then it starts doing it every 3 secs.

Reply #21
Got it yesterday after 50min and I alt-tab totally 2 times. We were group fighting on the mob spawn. It starts with a random lags here and there. Then it starts doing it every 3 secs.
Yep, these are the symptoms.
1. same
2. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070; I have already tried old drivers, then even older drivers and now I'm running on latest.
3. i7-3770 @ 3,40ghz 32gb ram
4. 60hz display
5. same

@Ub3rgames you suggested shader 3 in pms - I've been running it for the past two days - nothing changed - same problems.

Reply #22
If it would be memory leaks you would see it on the task manager. I have 4-8 cleints running same time, alt tabbing between them for hours, without any freeze or slow down issues.

One thing I did thought at some point, I disabled NVidia experience totally. I think I got latest drivers, but not sure.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #23
Yes, the GeForce experience has to be completely removed or reverted to an earlier version, if that is the cause.
PS1 use was unstable for some, that's why we recommend PS3 as it is the one the most adapted to nowadays hardware.

Could you tell us which mobs you are fighting? What magic are you or your teammates using?
Perhaps something in their special effects that leaks and we haven't fixed yet.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #24
Yes, the GeForce experience has to be completely removed or reverted to an earlier version, if that is the cause.
PS1 use was unstable for some, that's why we recommend PS3 as it is the one the most adapted to nowadays hardware.

Could you tell us which mobs you are fighting? What magic are you or your teammates using?
no matter if it was lesser magic, necro or air. No matter the spawns (mobs with magic or physical attacks only) - same problem after 40+ minutes.

Do we have at least one person here with working GeForce Experience that does not have to relog every 40 minutes of mob farming? To shut this "you have to remove gf experience" talk down. I removed it already and it changed nothing, so I installed it back with new drivers.
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:17:35 pm by wildNothing

Reply #25

no matter if it was lesser magic, necro or air. No matter the spawns (mobs with magic or physical attacks only) - same problem after 40+ minutes.

Do we have at least one person here with working GeForce Experience that does not have to relog every 40 minutes of mob farming? To shut this "you have to remove gf experience" talk down. I removed it already and it changed nothing, so I installed it back with new drivers.

I am using GExp, with out reloging all my playing session. But i lock down my version on august one + i playing in windowed mode (1919x1079) coz have 2 monitors, and have no problems

Reply #26
Its only coming for some in our clan. So i doubt its anything "special effect" or spell since that should be coming for everyone right? I at least are using arcane mostly. But when i start the game its good.  After sometime when pve or pvp you might notice few lags here and there (similar to load lags but bigger). Untill it suddenly starts doing it every 3 secs. Whole game freezing and dropping fps. It feels more like a hardware load or something than just fps drop. Got oldish SSD btw.

Reply #27
Its only coming for some in our clan. So i doubt its anything "special effect" or spell since that should be coming for everyone right? I at least are using arcane mostly. But when i start the game its good.  After sometime when pve or pvp you might notice few lags here and there (similar to load lags but bigger). Untill it suddenly starts doing it every 3 secs. Whole game freezing and dropping fps. It feels more like a hardware load or something than just fps drop. Got oldish SSD btw.
Finally someone with good English to describe symptoms perfectly (my English is shit).

PS.My SSD is not so old.
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:29:55 pm by wildNothing

Reply #28
I did search some logs. This started happening when lags starts i believe.

[18:41:48.579 +5909915 T2768477 25667775] (warning) [Modules::ApplicationTime] Time source SystemTime provides better timing than MMTimer - Switching
[18:41:48.579 +5909915 T2768477 25667775] (warning) [Modules::ApplicationTime] Switched time source: Old: [MMTimer LN=431103798 ZT 405436023 TZT 405436024]New: [SystemTime ZT 1517744040797 TZT 1517744040798]

Anyone knows better this than me? Something to do with system time and application time?

Im not sure do i remember right but i might have been doing something to this systemtime before in old darkfall too? Dont remember what was the fix, maybe disable automatic time zones or something.
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 06:17:26 pm by MikkiHiiri

Reply #29
I think it worked. disabling all windows automatic time things and it havent came since.

Edit: Actually it came. still not solved
  • Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 10:29:38 am by MikkiHiiri