Skip to main content

Topic: Multi-account problems (Read 365 times) previous topic - next topic

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Multi-account problems
1. The games UI constantly bugs out. It seems like /gui_persist_save(load) commands don't pick up the correct client when saving files.
2. The UI elements reset in all clients at the same time.
3. Alt-Tab-ing to/from different clients if one of them is in FullScreen Mode and Another is in Windowed mode caused black screen 50% of the time.
4. The backpack window resets position all the time.

I did not have any problems like these on Windows 7. Currently I have already tried reseting all my config files on all of the clients 2 times, but it does not help.

I am not sure if it's update to Windows 10 or Patch 1.4 that impacted this, as I have did it at the same time.

I can sent you the client log files or whatever else you need, just le me know. I have never had these problems in DFO.
ALL your concerns will be 100% fixed in DnD.

Re: Multi-account problems
Reply #1
We did not change anything with the persistence files in Patch 1.4, so this may be a windows 10 issue.
We will be working again on persistence in a few patches.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
We did not change anything with the persistence files in Patch 1.4, so this may be a windows 10 issue.

Also what I noticed with Windows 10 (and it's same for all people) is that if you want to start multiple accounts you have to run all of them as Administrator as otherwise you always get Patching failed in the lobby. In Win7 this was not the case.

Reply #3
1. The games UI constantly bugs out. It seems like /gui_persist_save(load) commands don't pick up the correct client when saving files.
2. The UI elements reset in all clients at the same time.
3. Alt-Tab-ing to/from different clients if one of them is in FullScreen Mode and Another is in Windowed mode caused black screen 50% of the time.
4. The backpack window resets position all the time.

I did not have any problems like these on Windows 7. Currently I have already tried reseting all my config files on all of the clients 2 times, but it does not help.

I am not sure if it's update to Windows 10 or Patch 1.4 that impacted this, as I have did it at the same time.

I can sent you the client log files or whatever else you need, just le me know. I have never had these problems in DFO.
Only problem I had when running two clients at once was my mini-map was turned off on both clients, just one time out of many.  Windows 10, and I run them as admin. 

Also, don't know about it being multi-client issue but if you alt-tab when darkfall is initially starting up splash screen the resolution can be way out of proportion.  Such as, if u alt-tab when the client loads up and you see the DND animated loading screen, you might get something like 4800x2900 or something crazy like that and the gui/mouse is still at 1920x1080. You'll know when it happens, it's only happened to me once when I was logging in with both clients same time.  I try not to alt-tab after clicking "play" and I wait to log in one client at a time now.

Hope this makes some sense.

Reply #4

Also what I noticed with Windows 10 (and it's same for all people) is that if you want to start multiple accounts you have to run all of them as Administrator as otherwise you always get Patching failed in the lobby. In Win7 this was not the case.

I'm using Windows 7, and I've had the "patching failed" issue, even after attempting to start a second client as admin.  I've tried starting both as admin, one or the other as admin, in windowed mode, full-screen mode; nothing has helped.  Ub3r mentioned something about a zombie sfbrowser running, but I have no idea where to find and kill the "zombie".  I'm suspecting that bashing my pc with a baseball bat probably isn't the most effective fix.  Any ideas?
Pink Phloyd, Formerly Pink Floyd, The Bard of Agon
The Ballad of Jonah Veil:
https://soundcloud.com/user-94841392/the-ballad-of-jonah-veil-1

• 45s
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

I'm using Windows 7, and I've had the "patching failed" issue, even after attempting to start a second client as admin.  I've tried starting both as admin, one or the other as admin, in windowed mode, full-screen mode; nothing has helped.  Ub3r mentioned something about a zombie sfbrowser running, but I have no idea where to find and kill the "zombie".  I'm suspecting that bashing my pc with a baseball bat probably isn't the most effective fix.  Any ideas?

I was using a pretty standard Windows 7 configuration. I had UAC disabled though (not sure if this can affect it), no antivirus (Windows Defender realtime protection DISABLED). I could start multiple clients no problem.

What I would suggest:
1. Run Darkfall Repair Data.
2. Restart your PC to make sure all DF clients are off.
3. Start lobby1. Login, queue, click play.
4. Only after the first client has loaded, start the 2nd lobby as you would normally do and try to login.

If the above does not work, you can try to repeat by running every step 3 and 4 as an Administrator.