Skip to main content

Topic: Cannot hear footsteps/Mount sounds (Read 709 times) previous topic - next topic

Cannot hear footsteps/Mount sounds
This is pretty crippling.  I can't hear footsteps (but i can hear jumps/landings) of either players, myself, or any mount. 
If someone is sneaking up on me, or runs away into some trees to juke, i have no idea where they are and have a hard time chasing them.

Please consider this a big deal, players with this bug have a pretty hard time.

Re: Cannot hear footsteps/Mount sounds
Reply #1
This has already been reported by our GMs. We're looking into it but haven't been able to reproduce yet.
It is listed as critical since it impacts PvP.

Can you please list your audio device and their driver version?
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #2
This has already been reported by our GMs. We're looking into it but haven't been able to reproduce yet.
It is listed as critical since it impacts PvP.

Can you please list your audio device and their driver version?

AMD high definition audio, driver 7.12.0.7723

Reply #3
I have a similar issue but when in FPV with a stave.

Nefastus Reborn
Sutsafen Reborn

Reply #4
@Ub3rgames

No idea why, but it seems to be working now. i had some net troubles and did a system reset, but it was to a time after the bug had occurred (this morning).

Otherwise no changes.

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
A friend of mine had this, turned out his sound board was on a different frequencies that the default config, and so it would not read certain audio files like footsteps. I think he managed to fix it by going to 44hz.

Reply #6
A friend of mine had this, turned out his sound board was on a different frequencies that the default config, and so it would not read certain audio files like footsteps. I think he managed to fix it by going to 44hz.
This is an interesting information. Thank you for the troubleshooting.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• asterix
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
This is an interesting information. Thank you for the troubleshooting.

So I checked with him :
- He has an external soundboard which he can set up to 44.1, 48Hz or more, he set it to 48Hz
- Windows would return it to 44.1Hz, so he set it up to 48Hz in Windows too.
- Some sound in-game were missing, including footsteps, he reported that issue to GM's
- He set windows to 44.1Hz again, reload game and has his footstep sounds back.

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #8
Any news on this? I have tried all I could but cannot hear footsteps for 5 days already. Re-started computer several times, game countless time. Uploaded some graphic drivers, played with various ingame and sound settings.

Although I think I have first come to the problem when I have changed video settings. Is it possible that video settings could have an impact on sounds? Other than video DF settings I havent changed in game nor my computer settings or else before Ive got this problem.

Will reinstalling the game help by any chance? I'm really running out of options.
  • Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:45:50 pm by Gorf

• Gorf
  • [*]
Reply #9
Resolved my problem same as my clanmate who had exactly same problems. Updating audio drivers forked for us.

Strange thing for me is that all sounds was working with old drivers and all of sudden stopped. Update helped so its cool. Posting here just in case someone runs into this problem and looking for possible fix.

Reply #10
Identical issue here.  No footsteps/horsestep sound.  Suddenly stopped.  Updated audio drivers, did a system restart and that appears to have fixed the problem.
  • Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:54:27 pm by Doctor Death

Reply #11
No riding sound, other than jumps, happened right after i rode mount coming from ahrvestign a node, havent tried to restart/reboot yet.
Walking footstep sounds are ok.

Realtek HD Audio

6.00.0001.7780 WHQL drivers says dxdiag.

Reply #12
Can confirm, changing to 44000 hz and restarting pc worked like a charm.

Reply #13
Darkfall has always giving me grief using 5.1/7.1 surround sounds.  In first person mode if I look down I can hear my footsteps, if I look up I hear nothing.  Same thing happens with spell and archery sounds that change if I look up or down.  I have to set my awesome 7.1 surround sound system to stereo in order to hear all sounds in game.  I have also noticed the sound volume changed based on camera location and not player location.  This has been an issue for me since the original Darkfall.  

• Ciez
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
I had this bug a week or two ago.

Restarted the game, restarted computer, reinstalled game. No luck.

Fully uninstalled my audio drivers then reinstalled them and it worked.