Skip to main content

Topic: Remember position of UI elements for each resolution (Read 103 times) previous topic - next topic

Remember position of UI elements for each resolution
One of the most annoying things is when you accidentally, or purposely, change resolution and all your UI gets messed up once you swap back. Why not save the UI positions for each resolution?

• Ivinedra
  • [*][*][*]
Re: Remember position of UI elements for each resolution
Reply #1
One of the most annoying things is when you accidentally, or purposely, change resolution and all your UI gets messed up once you swap back. Why not save the UI positions for each resolution?

Or have the persistence file remember how much percentage screen utilization each window has and make its positioning relative to the corners of the screen.

Reply #2
this sucks. using 2560 1440, it resets every time i quit.  these little things can make the game seem more polished

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Just a reminder - if you change your resolution back to your default you can use /gui_persist_load to get your settings back.

Reply #4
I would like to see a grid lines system on the UI like RIFT had back in the day, helps make sure you "Center" things when you're trying to move around Windows.  Could even add the ability to anchor things to a specific spot in the grid, and it would "hopefully" maintain the anchor through resolution changes

Reply #5
Yeah, it would be very cool if it remembered the positions on diff screen sizes. I change all the time, full screen, max windowed size, and even 800x600 when harvesting. Moving the UI around constantly each time I switch is very, very annoying