Skip to main content

Topic: Quality of Life List (Read 7420 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Quality of Life List
Reply #30
Rejected suggestions
  • Regional banking
    (Does not adhere to the Ub3rs vision of what DnD should be.)
  • Making selling of multiple items of the same kind easier(Ninogan)
  • The ability to drop items onto bags to add it to the bag. (lotuslocti)
These are 3 typical suggestions on why Darkfall: New Dawn goes at a very niche target group.
I will always write it on these forums till I'm dead.
It's called GRINDING and it kills everyone's patience even if he's excited to play a real-time PvP MMORPG!
You want understand it. AV developers didn't understand it while I personally knew all of them and have addressed the issue.
You will only understand it after launch. If you want your game to be viable, you should never think of how much "realism" a Hardcore player wants. You should always think of what most people want.
And what they want is not wasting their time in daily grinding activities, rather than enjoying the game for the most time they are logged in.

Now I'm not one to recommend drugs, but they certainly helped when i had to spend 4 hours smelting, cutting and cooking last night.
Well, damn. If it isn't Taylor Swift

Reply #31
Skill slots and the weapon quick bar should leave a shadow icon of the last item that you slotted there.  In order to remind you where to drag and drop your items in case you need to reequip / change things up. 

One good example is when you slot three types of potions, it's hard to remember which type of potion goes in which slot. 

Reply #32
Now I'm not one to recommend drugs, but they certainly helped when i had to spend 4 hours smelting, cutting and cooking last night.
They certainly help. That's why you sing well.
Nathan Drake, Supreme General of Argonauts
Ex-Supreme General of Clan Greece.

Reply #33
Add ability to display ping independent of the system tab.  Ping is the only bit of information I need to reference from system usually since I have a bad connection, but I like to keep system tab invisible out of gui mode.

Reply #34
Skill slots and the weapon quick bar should leave a shadow icon of the last item that you slotted there.  In order to remind you where to drag and drop your items in case you need to reequip / change things up. 

One good example is when you slot three types of potions, it's hard to remember which type of potion goes in which slot. 

• Shadow of last equipped item on the hotbar (Bomaz).

I think this one could be hard to implement had not very useful, in the long-run your muscled memory should take care of the problem for you and you will feel which item belongs where, non the less, i will add it to the list :)

Add ability to display ping independent of the system tab.  Ping is the only bit of information I need to reference from system usually since I have a bad connection, but I like to keep system tab invisible out of gui mode.

• Moving the Ping and FPS counters to it's own gui window (Bomaz)

For now, there's a workaround for you. You can change the system window to not be sticky and move all the other chats to it's own window. This way when ever you leave the gui mode, it will disappear. This should be a much easier fix and i will add it to the list :)
pew pew

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #35
AFAIR there where hotbar Shadows in DF1.

Reply #36

I dont remeber such a thing back in the days, and to be fair, what we are playing now is DF1 as it was before they shut the games down in 2011.

But if there was, Im sure i'd be easy to bring back
pew pew

Reply #37

Yeah I thought so too.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #38

I dont remeber such a thing back in the days, and to be fair, what we are playing now is DF1 as it was before they shut the games down in 2011.

They changed the hoptbar/weaponbar system so that's why it's not there now imo.

Reply #39

They changed the hoptbar/weaponbar system so that's why it's not there now imo.

Ah, makes sense!
pew pew

Reply #40
Would be really nice with some kind of info-window when your crafting. Showing your current skill level and how much of an increase in gains each craft will do. (Would be nice to see differences between chest, helm and other pieces).

I'm also missing the option to have several skills/abilities on the same bound key, to minimize the need for scripts. There are some skills you regularely use in both PvP and PvE, but also loads that you need to have bound but don't always use. So handy having f.ex heals on a very accessible key, or fireball and ww which is also used frequently.
  • Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:13:46 pm by phenZ

Reply #41
Allow double jump no matter what weapon you have out, or even if you have no weapon out. 

Basically all of these modes that check what weapon you have out are bullshit and unintuitive.

Reply #42
Make "Alternative Use" auto-sheathe weapons like normal "Use".

Reply #43
Allow a bag inside your backpack to be stickied. Currently, looting into a bag means you have to re-open that bag every time you leave and enter GUI mode.

Modify all starter weapons to 0 weight (currently, the non-standard starter weapons do not weigh 0). This does matter for carrying heavy 100 weight items as a naked char...

Allow players to assign modifier keys like the Left-Shift key to a command without having to edit files outside of the game client.
  • Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:01:18 pm by AdamWest

As a side note, alt proportions have not increased over the rates we saw during InDev, and these were negligible.

• Par
  • [*]
Reply #44
Great thread!

- Allow spells, schools, titles, spellupgrades etc. to be purchased as an item.  That would allow red players to trade that scrolls to customize their character and clans would be able to put together some kind of "spellbag" for new players.