Skip to main content

Recent Posts

And come hither is strong even without wof.
What's hilarious is in one thread he says my idea to connect all markets and letting the items instantly travel across the map for a tariff based on distance is flawed yet wants to accomplish the same thing but on a mass scale
I see, it was enough for me to have different opinion few times for you to switch from arguments to " what's hilarious".
There is a difference between our ideas. Your suggestion allows unlimited, constant and instant move of goods in all possible directions for a fee. while I have just suggested to allow once a month (every two months maybe?) move of a one whole bank for 1M gold. Obviously the outcome in both scenarios is totally different. But I guess you were here just to try to ridicule and not think and talk.

Indeed though this idea might be as flawed as yours (or even more). And I'm even admitting to it in initial post. Your post really makes no sense but to attack me.
That's fine if you choose to take my post as an attack but my idea hinges on a global item and weight cap for all your banks so even if you move items endlessly around the world for a fee, you can only fit 125 of them in your bank and any items that cause your character to be overburdened upon log out are deleted in two hours.

At the end of the day, my idea makes the market work and the game actually convenient for casuals unlike yours that just promotes more hoarding and more no-life pve to be able to move your hoarded good around the map for god knows why.
Why would it be inside the city and not outside like in UW, so anyone can contest it? Seems carebear to me, and how would you get the loot? UW had a good system where you had to farm the globules and use them up (system broke as globules were worth more at some point than most levy) or you just want to sit around like at a village do nothing, and hop, get rewarded?

Detecting farmers by any means other than going to the mobspawn is a very bad idea. Farmers are the pillar of this game and their best defense is to hide, who would farm the mobspawns near your city if you kill them all the time anyways.

Other than this, I don't mind, but would prefer racial fronts, with quests and rewards system more.
Carebear? Makes no sense. To me your assumption that you wouldn't be able to contest a levy if it's in the holding seems carebear. I would appreciate arguments, not epithets. They mean nothing in a discussion.

- Levy in the holding gives holding value. And gives an advantage to owner. This is his land. And this is conquest based game, land needs to mean something.
- detecting farmers seems fine to me. As you will be able to detect them only on your land. Now when I think of it, maybe progress indicator should be visible only to owners. It gives reason to conquest a holding/land, instead of just sitting outside of not owned holding and watching it's levy / bind stone. It could become visible to all when full though.

Detecting farmers on your land (only locally) will introduce at least two things:
- people will rather farm on their own lands as it's safer- so reason to conquest lands with best mobs.
- people will roam mob spawns in case of activity detected - so populated open world.

To get the loot from levy same mechanic as village capture can be used - would be enough for me. It's a levy. It should work for land owner. It should be hard to steal it (you would have to control the holding). It's not supposed to be yet another free for all mechanic. This game needs meaning.
Suggestions / Re: Laborer Title can f*ck off
Last post by Pallist Horror -
When it takes 3 people to create gear, it's a serious fucking design flaw.

1. The person that farmed the material (everyone farms)
2. The person to process the raw material (only laborers)
3. The person to craft the gear (unless you require every crafter to take laborer title, there is always a gap)

Either make it so EVERYONE has laborer skills(preferred solution)
Or
Make it so taking ANY crafting title unlocks laborer skills(still incredible tedious and burdensome to crafters)

Edit to add: i was originally on board with crafting titles. But way too much of a divide. Crafting titles should unlock masteries and enchanting for the craft. Everyone should be able to smelt/chop and craft basic gear, such as r40, studded, plate, bone, extrav. The day to day shit.
Suggestions / Re: Laborer Title can f*ck off
Last post by Wyverex -
When they first announced crafting titles, I hoped it'd be something like massive boost to crafting speed + better stats etc

But it is what it is... hopefully they get around to reworking titles at some point in time.
You list many problems. Moving whole bank in DND is a problem too. It could have lower priority, but you ask yourself for them to spend time on "all the other small annoyances we have reported 1000's times". Problem I mentioned in this thread is at least such annoyance. While I think it's kind of serious tedium actually that sooner or later most will encounter and then it becomes something more than an annoyance. IMO of course.

Anyways, another your post with not much sense. You sound like you are on period or something wit this "wasted dev effort", "/thread" statements.
Oh, move once every month for 1M gold, hm, wasted def effort, there would be barely anyone using it. Spend time more usefull and:
- make markets regionalized so they function,
-add buy orders,
-finish bindstone quest,
-add racial warfronts,
-watchtower (whatever they mean) for holdings and launch the game already

While you are at at:
- fixing WOFfall wouldn't hurt either,
- we also find very boring to process timber into wood, iron into ingot with current production rates
- and all the other small annoyances we have reported 1000's times.

Thanks,
/thread
Why would it be inside the city and not outside like in UW, so anyone can contest it? Seems carebear to me, and how would you get the loot? UW had a good system where you had to farm the globules and use them up (system broke as globules were worth more at some point than most levy) or you just want to sit around like at a village do nothing, and hop, get rewarded?

Detecting farmers by any means other than going to the mobspawn is a very bad idea. Farmers are the pillar of this game and their best defense is to hide, who would farm the mobspawns near your city if you kill them all the time anyways.

Other than this, I don't mind, but would prefer racial fronts, with quests and rewards system more.

Suggestions / Re: Buildable world
Last post by Eilistraee -
Don't worry about it, they aren't able to, even if they wanted to.
Hello,

Returning DFO player , still nothing quite like Darkfall even after all this time.  playing on JST so I'll mostly be on during everyones off hours I think. Looking to get back into the swing of things, any of the old school cats that I use to play with, feel free to drop me a message to catch up.

-Nidhoggr