Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: Whats new since release
Last post by Battle Smurf -
Oh what a relief. I'm glad you're taking the 12 step program to no longer being affected by profiles on a video game forum.

Anyways, a lot has been accomplished but I feel as though if we were to launch now with the population we had in February, we'd have a much more enjoyable game.

Only way to bounce back is to make a nice and friendly new player experience and hopefully it will retain people for longer

More like patch the game for the rest of 2018 and get the necessary economy tweaks/ mob loot adjust and require players to be INVOLVED in a fight in order for monsters to scale up so alts are not so gamebreaking. Add item sinks, what happened to items having a chance to take durability hits or even break on death? Thatat's hugely important to combat inflation.

Plus add in all the supposed launch features like the first stage of racial warfronts, clan/siege watchtowers that let you tax mobs on your land causing a chest inside the tower to fill that can be raided, magic schools and balance completed and the grind time between viable mage and viable melee/archer equalized

Higher rank bone and leather armor having different graphics or at LEAST different colors (it cannot be that hard just to change the fucking color)

All that is the minimum that needs to be in before a wipe, 2 week advertising/ interview campaign on, 1 week open beta stress test, and a relaunch as free to play, but with little annoying restrictions on things like bank space that go away if you pay a one time box price of $39.99. Then add a cash shop and sell things to whales like titles, cosmetics, mount skins, emotes.

Maybe also offer an optional $15 a month sub with a few special perks like getting 1 question a week answered by a dev on a weekly youtube Q and A YouTube video

So what if those free players spend little or even no money directly Ub3rgames should look at them as bait/ loss leader. They serve a necessary purpose because the more players in game the more enjoyable it is for the whales and people who can afford to pay for perks/convenience/ cosmetics and the more likely they are to stick around and keep spending money

If New Dawn did the things i mentioned and had a healthy population I would gladly chip in $60 EVERY month just for the entertainment value alone

TLDR OP We need people I'm not exaggerating when I say 90% of the people i knew have disappeared since launch and Ub3rgames has failed miserably with their server location choice and market strategy.
Off-Topic Discussions / Re: badass video
Last post by Devil -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAq9XM5AFrM

Wanted to like RoA, but man even before you press play the guy has 12 + Buffs on. Like what's the point a character progression if you can add that many Buffs just to name a number of issues with original Darkfall that we're just s***** game design.

Love or hate local banking I just can't go back too original Dark Fall combat it's just too bad

Buffs are gone with the combat patch
Why do melee titles exist when archery is REQUIRED to do anything in this game if you are going for a physical build?

Devs said "we don't consider melee-only to be viable, need archery", then why do "+melee, -archery" titles exist? Only more noobtraps.

Because without the title you would be even more on the same combat level with a full mage?

Was this a trick question it seems really easy
General Discussion / Re: Racial wars
Last post by Tolbin -
We're not in very good shape to be honest, I'm not sure if we will survive but at the moment I can say that there are SnS, Wardens, some CODE that are active, DOH is very active but they are not strong. Jungle Kingdom is a big mystery, we've never been to Cairn to really observe the activity there, TD is elusive I hear they are still "healthy" but we don't really see them anywhere except 1 or 2 PvPers.

The race alliance was very weak until Epoch decided to change to Dwarf, it's quite cool really that they did. But in the end we're basically slowly deteriorating and most activity we've seen in recent times were mid map where it's the same few groups, and Ork lands where for some reason there is a lot more activity.

Honestly, I don't even know what to do anymore, we might just hibernate with this activity we already abandoned key holdings to save Tughri and I hope we can somehow pull through. A large problem is that PvPers don't gravitate to clans like Mirendil, even though we do PvP there is no race war to speak of and people just want action without too much context really..

Crafters have gone inactive over time and our last crafter decided to join a different clan, I started a crafting alt (something I avoided at launch hoping that it would give people that wanted to craft a role) but now we're basically grasping at straws. No one really cares about RP, and that's a shame because at DFO launch I had a lot of fun in Bloodclan Orcs where RP was mandatory, for various reasons RP never works in this game and part of what I wanted to build with Mirendil was a somewhat RP clan that could stand it's own in PvP. Unfortunately this is masochism, I've been here for probably a year +/- playing 12 hours a day regularly and I don't know how much more I can really take.

I've played through DFO launch to eu server down extremely active even in the deadest periods, here for about a year through indev to now. It never gets any easier... hence my temporary insanity, rambling, and contemplating quitting. I really don't know anything anymore...

TD is quite active with weekly events to farm up stuff etc. OTG has about 15 casual actives- growing 1-2 per week. If any of your guys need somewhere to hang out if you go mostly inactive get them to PM me in game. We are mostly NA.
Off-Topic Discussions / Re: badass video
Last post by Ivar_theBoneless -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAq9XM5AFrM

Wanted to like RoA, but man even before you press play the guy has 12 + Buffs on. Like what's the point a character progression if you can add that many Buffs just to name a number of issues with original Darkfall that we're just s***** game design.

Love or hate local banking I just can't go back too original Dark Fall combat it's just too bad
Media Highlights / Re: [Video] Roxie Pvp 10
nvidia "shadowplay" which isn't called like that anymore
max setting resolution 1080 frame 60 , 50 mbps

ya noticed its just nvidia experience or something now, thanks man. Did you play with the mbps at all? does it upload a better quality to Youtube with a higher recorded mbp?

I think so yes, Hmm might have played with it but I ended with the max ;D

If it's the Geforce Experience overlay you can go up to 130 mbps.

5 mins at 50 mbps = 1.9 GB
5 mins at 130 mbps = 4.9 GB

I'd imagine it would looks way better after youtube degrades the picture quality. Just a question of how quickly you want to chew through an SSD drive. I stay on 50 mbps.

I have it pushing the recording to a terabyte drive HD so it shouldn't even hit my SSD
General Discussion / Re: Racial wars
On the brightside we will finally have some new MMO options actually worth playing in 2019. Crowfall, Classic Wow, Chronicles of Elyria, Camelot Unchained in that order for me

Chocolate ice cream, frozen dog shit, strawberry ice cream, neapolitan ice cream....

Or another example why I did a double take reading your post, and in tribute to your signature...

Hot conservative women I'd like to date in 2019 Tomi Lahren, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lauren Southern, Dana Loesch, in that order for me. :-?

Didn't want to spoil the surprise for him with Crowfall did you lol?

And those are not conservative women, just dumb bitches willing to say anything TV for money. Since they're not really crazy I'm guessing the sex is super bad.
Last post by SomeBK -
Oh what a relief. I'm glad you're taking the 12 step program to no longer being affected by profiles on a video game forum.

Anyways, a lot has been accomplished but I feel as though if we were to launch now with the population we had in February, we'd have a much more enjoyable game.

Only way to bounce back is to make a nice and friendly new player experience and hopefully it will retain people for longer
Last post by AndroBourne -
List of items that should have been done during indev road map... minus the house rework that they promised and tower...

Not impressed.
It's insane how little they have done in 4 months.

What's "insane" by the definition of the word is what you have been able to do since you registered here on the forums in January- 414 (3.312 per day) posts of just toxic mumble jumble.

Winter, spring, and summer - you have so little going on in your life you can average three posts a day talking about how much you hate this game that you're not playing, that's fucking insane.

I've moved on from hating the guys who post non-stop toxic shit on here and now I just feel sorry for them.