Skip to main content

Recent Posts

General Discussion / Re: 5th March 12.00 CET
Last post by Nataz -
Its when the offer for Ub3rgames need to be submittet to the liquidator. GL

Marc has really increased its value lately.
General Discussion / Re: Atlas - who's trying it?
Last post by Pallist Horror -
After playing Atlas and thinking about new dawn, here is my wishes of that ub3r did and what should have done. Some of these, I openly admit I was pretty hesitant against in darkfall but see now they work fine.

Local banking works perfectly fine

Travel times across the map work perfectly fine

Naked instant travel with cooldowns restrictions (as in for each person that instant travels, a 1 minute timer for the next person to travel to that location) would have been perfectly fine.

Localized resources need to be in surplus for that region, as we asked for over and over. Also, they shouldn't prevent you from going up to the next tier of gear. Atlas allows everything to be made with any local resources but if you want to create higher levels of that gear you need to use multiple types of the same resource (such as 3 types of wood).

Wind and boats could have been incredibly simple in darkfall and 100% doable.

Boats should be expendable and not a prized possession. 2hrs per astrolabe not including material farm per boat...lol

Free building really isn't required to make a game fun. Triple layering bases isn't skill or a great system. But that said, some dynamic options to holdings was really required. Optional placements, optional cannon types, different tiers of structures.

Cosmetics are just fucking good. Seriously... Unlocking emotes, new ganks, different weapon skins/colors.

Limitations on bank space is good. SomeBK was very vocal about this and is completely right.

Ability to raid event banks is good. I think uber planned some sort of rare resource chest stuff. I'm sure it's in the October patch.

Anyways, the list really goes on. All well within the technical scope of darkfall engine.

But we'll never ever have it. It won't ever happen.

Instead I'll be playing Atlas. For all it's flaws, I'm still enjoying it.
I wish they would cap servers at 75 players. I wish they could cap structure limits within an area much much lower. Sprawling out ends up taking away your resource spawns and limits would prevent these eye sore lag bases we all continue to build. NPC crews should be limited to 25% of your ships max crew size.
Basically, i hope the developers understand the limits of the ut4 engine better and accept them. But they won't... They never do.

So ya.. stuck playing Atlas in it's current condition because like when i was stuck playing darkfall in it's current condition, there is nothing else.

Last post by Pallist Horror -
I bet my personal bank in dag
Last post by cutsmyself -
12 pickle nickles!
Last post by Niburu -
what ?
General Discussion / 5th March 12.00 CET
Last post by Nataz -
Dont forget to bid on this Gem, before time in topic. GL HF
Off-Topic Discussions / Шоу бизнес 2019
Last post by Dennisvix -

Я Галкина терпеть не могу. Прям, трясет от него, потому что это махровая самодеятельность. Он ужасно бездарный.

Свежие новости шоу биза подробности по ссылке...  
General Discussion / Re: Anniversary
Last post by wildNothing -
I was referring to DF 1.0 launch, and more EU than the later NA.  You think DND was populated at launch? There were so few people clans could and did own multiple holdings. 

DND launch was like revisiting DF 1.0 while it was on deaths doorstep.
I was there when df1 launched. Same exodus of players (in terms of percentages, much higher in terms of numbers), So again - shear numbers do not make shitty game fun. Most players left because the game gave them little fun despite the initial numbers
Media Highlights / Re: Guys its time to come check out ROA
Last post by memes -
150 ping + braindead nigger-tier NA players + scammer devs

No ty
General Discussion / Re: Uber - U guys EVER going to say anything?
Last post by VoQeles -
there's a problem with the way data is handled client / server side, let's say you want to fix the falling through the floor ... the failproof solution is to make position server side and have the client read the server position, but then what happens is if you have lags of any kind you will keep warping back (on your screen). So everytime you load a player or a spell animation (for first time) it will warp you and make the game unplayable (I think).

I think most of the problems have been that the project requires a much bigger workforce, the game was launched unfinished and never got to a polished state (in any version). The catch 22 is that bigger companies would not take the risk, and if they did it's more likely they will screw the game up, so it has to be one of two ways - a small indie company that delivers consistent improvements for a long period or a bigger company that has the right idea for the game.

Over time games are getting closer and closer to the point where Darkfall could become completely redundant. Think it's one of those unfortunate things, a brilliant thing was made, but in the circumstances never blossomed to it's potential. A game like Mount and Blade 2 will make it hard to justify playing this - people that don't find PvP interesting will not have much reason to play this, why would they log in to be someone's punching bag with much better games on the market? I'm afraid Darkfall might have expired a long time ago, but one can never be sure.