Skip to main content

Topic: Icejarls: Snow hide skin 1-2 100% ? lies ?!!1! (Read 225 times) previous topic - next topic

Icejarls: Snow hide skin 1-2 100% ? lies ?!!1!
Broken ? or part of the secret conspiracy the stop archers from dominating the world?

Occasionally I'll get a successful skin with everything but the snow hide, leveled up to level two is the same thing and seems to more consistently give you a successful skin with everything but the snow hide.

Re: Icejarls: Snow hide skin 1-2 100% ? lies ?!!1!
Reply #1
they are working on this topic since half a year, be patient :) actually, farming snowhide alone is better than most other new mats

worst is the thick leather, if you level up ogres to level 4, they consistently skin for 3 each 83% - , while if you farm alone it's less than 50% for 1.

mobs still don't have substantial regen to repel solo farmers with alts and I think they confirmed they don't want to go the higher regen way, because easy, simple and tried out solutions are not the best?!?!!
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Have always skinned for 1 or 2 snow hide solo.

Agree with thick leather being worse solo.  I normally do the Gul Kral hourly on the 2 bully spawns 85 - 104 kill 35 - 55 thick leather, the one time I've partied up with 1 other person (his kills counte to my quest) 88 kill I skinned 44 and got over 60 thick leather, hopefully this will contribute to positive player interactions.
  • Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:33:00 pm by Bunny

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
same here. always skinned 1-2 solo
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #4
Have always skinned for 1 or 2 snow hide solo.

Agree with thick leather being worse solo.  I normally do the Gul Kral hourly on the 2 bully spawns 85 - 104 kill 35 - 55 thick leather, the one time I've partied up with 1 other person (his kills counte to my quest) 88 kill I skinned 44 and got over 60 thick leather, hopefully this will contribute to positive player interactions.

same for me as well. Parked my ALT to level up the jarls is the first time I noticed I got a successful skin but no snow hide. I'll post a pic because you get 3-4 mats instead of the snow skin, just can't remember what they are.

Reply #5

Just a blatant lie

Reply #6

Nifl Frost +2
HoarFrost +3

on a successful skinning but no Snow hide. I've had it give me giant bone as well plus the other 2 without the snow hide @Eilistraee wish they would post a list of known bugs.

• Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:00:55 pm by mezferic

Reply #7
This was not a known bug.
Many players have reported that they did indeed receive guaranteed loot when it said 100%

What @Eilistraee is referring to is that historically, 100% skinning chances were in reality 50%
To reach 100% odds you needed to have 100 wisdom and 100 skinning.
That was quite confusing so we changed it so that at least 100% chances are a guaranteed drop.
That was already implemented a while back.

We haven't received any reports before this one of it not working this way, and seeing the reaction, it seem to work in most cases.
We'll take a look to see if there isn't any issues with the code.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #8
This was not a known bug.
Many players have reported that they did indeed receive guaranteed loot when it said 100%

What @Eilistraee is referring to is that historically, 100% skinning chances were in reality 50%
To reach 100% odds you needed to have 100 wisdom and 100 skinning.
That was quite confusing so we changed it so that at least 100% chances are a guaranteed drop.
That was already implemented a while back.

We haven't received any reports before this one of it not working this way, and seeing the reaction, it seem to work in most cases.
We'll take a look to see if there isn't any issues with the code.

It's pretty easy to replicate, I just cruised over to a random 2 spawn. It has been the first kill sometimes so don't think it's the old bug, but just started farming Niff recently so from the responses it might be a recent change.

Thanks for the response

Reply #9
At the spawn I use I get two thick leather total for three kills total pretty consistently. Very slow. That is on unlevelled mobs.

Does loot scale like harvesting nodes I wonder? Better further away from a bank?

Reply #10
@Tolbin you get Thick leather from Ice Jarls? Which spawn one do you use?
"Things just got worse."

Reply #11
@Ub3rgames I tested it again, there is a small chance to not skin Snow hide on Ice Jarls, when I do not skin for that, then I usually skin for more other mats. Skinning 80, Wisdom 66.
"Things just got worse."

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
i haven't done them in a few months. so maybe the issue didn't exist back them.
but if it did exist maybe i didn't experience it because my skinning and wisdom is at 100?

• Bunny
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #13
I had been doing Ice Jarls on Mon/Tuesday as I needed some q4 eyes and got at least 1 snow hide per skin; this could be due to having 100 skinning and wisdom.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
@mezferic what's your skinning and wisdom at?