Skip to main content

Topic: WARRIOR IS OP (Read 1798 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WARRIOR IS OP
Reply #60
even if you disabled sigs you can click on his forum name to see it there.
Thanks! I didn't know this. Still have no idea if he's good. Let's assume he is. OP is too.
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:17:06 am by wildNothing

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #61
Who is OP?  Curious.

Reply #62
totally agree with this NA player. Only good team play rules, not skill preset. And in open world group fights archery and melee is better and more effective than Magic, atleast coz less friendly fire
Mate, you already dropped some "knowledge" on us about turning your back towards attackers in group figts to block nukes that are aimed behind your back. Or how blocking prevents stamina loss. Now this.. Mage can support ofensivly exactly the same as archer, with bolts. With no friendly fire other than that an archer could do too.

@Brutal Noodle I don't know who you are but I can assure you that you are talking to a good player. So stop "teaching" him. What is different about you and him is that he is talking about his experience in few fights with decent group of water mages and you are talking out of your ass, as you have never been in such fights.

No. The difference between me and him is I'm telling everyone to start blaming themselves and their teams poor gameplay and take responsibility for losses..
And he is saying melee archery is shitty in group fights..
How could you fuck that up?

I'm sure he is a great player. Seeing as how he considers himself useless in group fights as melee archer but refuses to play the feared godclass - watermage.

Lol
Bowjob Betty - Supreme General of Seek & Destroy

Reply #63
No. The difference between me and him is I'm telling everyone to start blaming themselves and their teams poor gameplay and take responsibility for losses..

I'm sure he is a great player. Seeing as how he considers himself useless in group fights as melee archer but refuses to play the feared godclass - watermage.

Lol
meh, it seems you are unable to even understand what this thread is about.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #64
The only problem i see with water mages is increased stamina drain while remaining hp damage. Maybe remove that tiny yet very, very useful knockup from shards and blizzard (+explosive charge) and move it to earth r50 and r90. Also swap blizzard and disintegrate casting time.

Reply #65
The only problem i see with water mages is increased stamina drain while remaining hp damage. Maybe remove that tiny yet very, very useful knockup from shards and blizzard (+explosive charge) and move it to earth r50 and r90. Also swap blizzard and disintegrate casting time.
It looks like you are talking about 1v1 balance. Any magic with higher stamina drains in case of multiple mages becomes a problem. As there is no counter. You can't get your stamina back up yourself as fast as they are draining it (you also drain your stamina by your actions). You can't be helped by others, as there is no "give stamina" spell (good). Also chained icestorms (blinds) are a problem (no counter again) and the size of AoEs in general. Multiple mages, especially from stamina focused schools are a problem.

In general 1v1 balance does not scale good if you take into consideration AoEs and higher stamina drain. This is the concern, At least this is how I understand this thread.
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:30:26 am by wildNothing

Reply #66
1) Who are you, mr. wildNothing? In game?

2) It so fun to listen, than 3 water mage is a problem...only WATER....I can say you, that good team of 3 Fire Mage can rape you even faster...team of 3 NECRO MAGE can fuck you faster than water...3 melee pushers can fuck your team aswell... EVERY SET UP OF 3 GOOD PLAYERS can FUCK ANYTHING...

P.s. water have less dmg than fire, but in SYNC everything is hard. With Water you loose stam faster, but with Fire you will loose HP faster... 3 Vulcano (even if you hit it only for 1 sec) will eath ~120hp from you, and 25 stamina. 3 Ice Storms will eat 60 HP and 25 stamina (in case you you will hit it only for 1 sec (1 stuck of dots)). 3 Blizzard will deal you (in case of Direct Hit) 105 health and 42 stamina. and small flight. 3 inferno will fly you very hight (if it direct hit) with ~120 health dmg and 25 stamina + fall dmg (if they really good in aim) ~30-90. And while you will be in FLY MODE, you'll get hit by 3 other spells (bolts or rays, 60-100 hp and ~20 stamina), and on landing you will get few more hits by rays (if it not oldschool mages, who do not understand how to use rays...)

So, there is not a big differance between water mage or fire mage in case of good sync between team....

In oposite case, when team of 3 pushers meet mages, they just can buff Water Ward to each other, and receive protection for a push, and than it's all depend on how mages can survive against pushers...

Reply #67
1) Who are you, mr. wildNothing? In game?
Flush theToilet

As I said before:
Multiple mages, especially from stamina focused schools are a problem.

In general 1v1 balance does not scale good if you take into consideration AoEs
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:55:48 am by wildNothing

Reply #68
Ok, u confused me. It is strange to hear from you about problems with fight against mages and group of mage...

Reply #69
totally agree with this NA player. Only good team play rules, not skill preset. And in open world group fights archery and melee is better and more effective than Magic, atleast coz less friendly fire
Mate, you already dropped some "knowledge" on us about turning your back towards attackers in group figts to block nukes that are aimed behind your back. Or how blocking prevents stamina loss. Now this.. Mage can support ofensivly exactly the same as archer, with bolts. With no friendly fire other than that an archer could do too.

@Brutal Noodle I don't know who you are but I can assure you that you are talking to a good player. So stop "teaching" him. What is different about you and him is that he is talking about his experience in few fights with decent group of water mages and you are talking out of your ass, as you have never been in such fights.

Lol

There is nothing good gameplay can do against a group of players beeing able to reset the fight as many times as they like until they get the perfect combo on you and your teamates, pluss beeing able to stat up faster then you.

This is something you will soon realize when you stop doing 1v1's or pvp on the forums all day and actually go out there and meet a group that has addapted to the new playstyle of darkfall.

And a game that forces me to play a specific class, because that is the "godclass" as you mentioned it, is no darkfall... as they clearly states you shall be able to play the game how you want it. 

Reply #70
Han ID name yourself please. I think you even never log in to the game.

Nickname ingame, clan, time, and ill come to met u

Reply #71
This has been discussed a lot over the years, but probably less reasonably expressed on the forums vs conversation. Darkfall is game where you have MMO and FPS slapped together, at it's core it's a game about managing your stats with secondary affects of ping, FPS skill, MMO skill, gear etc. Some people are naturally better than others as mages, and some people are naturally better as physical dps.  When discussing this with Ub3rgames, Marc mentioned that there was in fact a tendency for MMO players to prefer one playstyle, and FPS players to favor the other.

There are many issues in balancing a game like this, it is not quite simple as a regular cookie cutter because you can have many more side effects as a consequence of balance change compared to a more well understood game type. Darkfall is a game of many intangibles and variables that are not easily trackable, but can be generally summarized ie accuracy and movement. It is common that someone might mention that a player might have very good movement or aim, or that they lack in another area - but between multiple players it is difficult to judge who is clearly better until the players fight against each other.

So, I would argue that the game meta is poor, but the actual advantage of a playstyle is unclear - there is a clear tendency for skilled melee archers, and also top tier mages, those who say mages are op say this without actually experiencing the pressure of skilled melee pushers and accurate archers while playing mage... Likewise those claim physical playstyle is oppressive might not have experienced a top tier mage as a melee archer... The meta is really the problem here, since both playstyle are viable but neither side is satisfied.

Reply #72
How about the people in this thread that are defending either side come together on the weekend, and do some prearranged fights, record them.
How about you play the game or stfu? It's clear that you have nothing to say on the current combat state. Most of you have not even been in situations presented in this thread (no surprise, as it's kind of rare to meet decent group of water mages only) yet you talk like you know something. Check it for yourself or stfu, as apparently you have no experience with this specific scenario.

I in fact did play the game just yesterday, we zerged some russians asset destructing Andruk. More to the point, clean your mouth you're frothing a bit too much for my taste. Ive been owned by Mylina 1vs5, though it was in reality 1vs1vs1vs2 as he nicely picked us one by one in Agon. Stamina wise, with my df savvyness I cant even keep up if Im simply running around (with lobster eaten may I mention), too much chicken dinners in a different game thus my df prowess is currently at an all time low.

Point being, I proposed the match up because I'm genuinely interested if that is in fact the case in the current meta. I am out of the loop and it would give me some much needed insight. Nothing wrong in trying to learn more is there? Stop being so defensive, not everyone here is your enemy.

Reply #73
In general 1v1 balance does not scale good if you take into consideration AoEs and higher stamina drain. This is the concern, At least this is how I understand this thread.
TBH playing only mage i belive that field aoe dmg should be halved, It would still be very strong in teamfights if coordinated. Field aoe should be tool for teamfights not for 1 v 1 and it should be baleced for teamfights only.
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:07:43 pm by Drthelunghar

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #74
TBH playing only mage i belive that field aoe dmg should be halved, It would still be very strong in teamfights if coordinated. Field aoe should be tool for teamfights not for 1 v 1 and it should be baleced for teamfights only.

Also too spammable imo