Skip to main content

Topic: Let's Discuss RoA (Read 11810 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Let's Discuss RoA
Reply #645
WTF they removing med. This is becoming painful to watch...

Reply #646
I'm glad med is being removed.  It was originally a bandaid solution, and still feels awkward and forced to me.

Reply #647
RoA in a nutshell:

Reply #648
RoA in a nutshell:

Adun, =D , you're so colorful with your imagery.

Reply #649

Loving their developmental process.

Reply #650
i'm really not a fan of just copying spells to add skills to archery or melee.

but lots of people are, to the point where they don't want to play the game in its current state

it's not like adding archery skills will make the game unplayable for you or anyone else, and it will attract new players

the most extreme example of this i can think of is path of exile. if that game was honest you would have about 4 different abilities, instead of dozens (hundreds by now?) of reskins + miniscule variations on the same thing. but obviously people like it more this way.
  • Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:13:15 pm by trashsmasher

Reply #651

but lots of people are, to the point where they don't want to play the game in its current state

it's not like adding archery skills will make the game unplayable for you or anyone else, and it will attract new players

it also requires effort, and that they cannot spare, so gg. I already gave up on it. Gonna abandon the calling of my bow :(
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #652

but lots of people are
and lots of people are not. What kind of argument is this?
Have Ub3r considered servers at the center of the Earth? That would be the fairest for everyone
would not be fair...Wildnothing would have a big ping advantage playing from Hell

Reply #653
there are people who won't play the game because they want to be a cool archer and don't want to be forced into using magic

i don't think anyone would quit if they added archery skills

seems semi-retarded to me too but i don't mind making a tiny irrelevant concession if it means we get more players

Reply #654
what archery skills do you propose? If it's anything close to UW's 'exploding shot on cooldown every 3sec' I'll pass

Reply #655

I'm really a fan of just copying spells to add skills to archery or melee.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #656
https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/easy-to-implement-new-archery-spells.13964/#post-208344

Fucking comical.

They don't have idea how to save the game anymore with these crazy ideas and awfull suggestions, i feel their sweat and fear. :D
No need to be happy about it.

Bad RoA's reputation will hurt New Dawn, even if ND gets some RoA vets because of it...

New Dawn doesn't need a bunch of angry RoA nerds killing all the newbs.... here we go again.

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #657

the most extreme example of this i can think of is path of exile. if that game was honest you would have about 4 different abilities, instead of dozens (hundreds by now?) of reskins + miniscule variations on the same thing. but obviously people like it more this way.

Terrible analogy: people like Path of Exile because of Leagues and it's instances and instant-gratification(which retards need to feel better about themselves). Though, variety IS the spice of life and cash shops with cosmetics give people with disposable income an outlet(news flash, the majority of people in these popular MMOs are working class and spend what little free time they have buying cosmetics and relaxing, that's their choice and their right).

Y'all simply ignore the fact that Darkfall is shit because y'all are shit and refuse to play nice or follow ANY sort of Code of Honor. Nobody agrees on anything or gets excited about playing the game; instead, y'all get excited about talking shit to each other until the cows come home. Nerds just don't have any class or social skills... it's like a bunch of Cartman's all shitting at once and mom ran off with the milkman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F8bs_THKiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8geLnpGmQAQ
  • Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:47:34 am by Guy

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #658

Loving their developmental process.

Lol, so wrong.
Anyway, maintenance like true forge should be skills that only dedicated crafters can unlock and can be infused into the weapons/armour directly as a bonus to be a full time crafter.
We should give to every playstyle their dedicted skills to train and raise and not leave everything to be used by everyone like in the past.
  • Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:55:22 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #659
what archery skills do you propose? If it's anything close to UW's 'exploding shot on cooldown every 3sec' I'll pass

"Sniper shot" longer arrow knock time than a regular arrow, straight line incredibly fast travel time and far distance like in UW, and a bit extra damage (remove most of the stat drain it did in UW though).And maybe  if you deeply specialized in Archer Title you get the bonus of Sniper shot penetrating everything in its path (shoot someone on the other side of a bush or two guys standing right infront of each other

Poison Arrow same base damage as regular arrow but with a significantly longer knock time that puts a longlastimg painful Damage over time on opponent (curable through antidote/panacea potions/ a support spell) in exchange give it a longish cooldown and higher stat costs and again potentially have it relate to a title

I'd also like to see multi shot where it fires multiple arrows at once but each arrow does less damage than a normal arrow. The first arrow goes where the crosshair is aiming like a normal arrow and the others flank it and spread out the further they travel without hitting anything. Sure its a little RNG but so was irl archery in big fights and why not give the ultra bads something where they at least feel like they can contribute a little? Raise the stat cost on it accordingly

Rapid shot fast firing arrow with extremely low knock time, short range, extra stamina cost and a 5 second cooldown

grappling shot basically a reverse come hither but with a bow that also (or only?) works on terrain. Shoot an arrow with a cord tied to it and once it lands on say a tree branch, wall, roof whatever it flings you in that direction