Skip to main content

Topic: Let's Discuss RoA (Read 18331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Let's Discuss RoA
Reply #630
https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/easy-to-implement-new-archery-spells.13964/#post-208344

Fucking comical.

They don't have idea how to save the game anymore with these crazy ideas and awfull suggestions, i feel their sweat and fear. :D
No need to be happy about it.

Bad RoA's reputation will hurt New Dawn, even if ND gets some RoA vets because of it...

I'm happy about it - still enjoying the schadenfreude of it all.

RoA's 'reputation' has already done the damage.

get your own words!

https://www.economist.com/blogs/prospero/2013/08/english-words-german

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #631
i'm really not a fan of just copying spells to add skills to archery or melee.

I agree.  I think it's simpler to just make those spells not consider encumbrance, just like transfers.  Personally I think DND Begone should be this way.  To remove ALL self-propulsion spells from Heavies currently feels incredibly out of balance to me.

One good unburden takes a ~50 down to 0, but once you go full heavy you do commit to no mobility, though im not convinced that is bad and maybe its better for he game that full heavy is situation and not every day roam.
If you get in trouble you really have tome to cast unburden, then begone.
Maybe a situation where you role play a "sitting duck". Also make mounts move much slower when heavies are on them. It would make rping this so much more realistic.

Destroyer has been removed, hybrid is DEAD.  Movement spells for hybrid,for all practical purposes ...gone, WOF is shit, all secondary effects are broken.  The meta is play full mage (<1 encumbrance) or go home.
arianaramou know evrything about pizza he is the boy who delever them and now pizza are berned 50cents tips

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #632

Bad RoA's reputation will hurt New Dawn, even if ND gets some RoA vets because of it...

I know but a wise proverb say "you reap what you sow".
They dig their own grave, there is no salvation for this, but if they are happy with the same 200 nostalgic vets good for them, it was just the direct consequence to release the same old and failed 2009 game.
  • Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:40:04 pm by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #633
WTF they removing med. This is becoming painful to watch...

Reply #634
I'm glad med is being removed.  It was originally a bandaid solution, and still feels awkward and forced to me.

Reply #635
RoA in a nutshell:

Reply #636
RoA in a nutshell:

Adun, =D , you're so colorful with your imagery.

Reply #637

Loving their developmental process.

Reply #638

but lots of people are, to the point where they don't want to play the game in its current state

it's not like adding archery skills will make the game unplayable for you or anyone else, and it will attract new players

the most extreme example of this i can think of is path of exile. if that game was honest you would have about 4 different abilities, instead of dozens (hundreds by now?) of reskins + miniscule variations on the same thing. but obviously people like it more this way.
  • Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:13:15 pm by trashsmasher

Reply #639

but lots of people are, to the point where they don't want to play the game in its current state

it's not like adding archery skills will make the game unplayable for you or anyone else, and it will attract new players

it also requires effort, and that they cannot spare, so gg. I already gave up on it. Gonna abandon the calling of my bow :(
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #640

but lots of people are
and lots of people are not. What kind of argument is this?

Reply #641
there are people who won't play the game because they want to be a cool archer and don't want to be forced into using magic

i don't think anyone would quit if they added archery skills

seems semi-retarded to me too but i don't mind making a tiny irrelevant concession if it means we get more players

Reply #642
what archery skills do you propose? If it's anything close to UW's 'exploding shot on cooldown every 3sec' I'll pass
Soho Summer

Reply #643

I'm really a fan of just copying spells to add skills to archery or melee.
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

• Guy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #644
https://forums.darkfallriseofagon.com/threads/easy-to-implement-new-archery-spells.13964/#post-208344

Fucking comical.

They don't have idea how to save the game anymore with these crazy ideas and awfull suggestions, i feel their sweat and fear. :D

New Dawn doesn't need a bunch of angry RoA nerds killing all the newbs.... here we go again.