Skip to main content

Recent Posts

Bugs & Feedbacks / Re: Low level vs high level mining.
Last post by Eilistraee -
But a mine never gives sulfur. I'm also lost what the problem is. I thought the thread was about high level miners getting more per swing which reduces the swings and this means less chance for rares but you can get rares and ore with the same swing.
So shouldn't that proof the initial claim wrong?

P.S :only have one alt so can't delete it

the initial post explains how getting 2 rares with 5 normal ores, reduced the final outcome on rares, I can't explain it in more detail..

Out from experience, whenever I mined mines with low level mining, I got more rare ores, but under significantly longer time. With new mine system this is more apparent. I will do a few tests myself, but as my newbie alts get to mining level where they extract more than 1 ore per swing, I can't test further without reroll, and I cannot do that atm.

Also soon I will be out of game for a few weeks, I'l leave the testing and critical thinking to you :P, hf.
Last post by gosti -
But a mine never gives sulfur. I'm also lost what the problem is. I thought the thread was about high level miners getting more per swing which reduces the swings and this means less chance for rares but you can get rares and ore with the same swing.

He is right. I'll re-write it simplier.

1. Lets assume there's a 5% chance to get rare ores with a swing while mining a mine.
2. There is 150 iron ore in a full mine.
3. With maxed mining you get 4-5 iron ore/swing. 4.5 on average. That's 33 swings to empty the mine. You also get 2 rare ores as an addiction, if RNG like you with that swing.
4, With 5% chance for rares you get rares every 20th swing. That's an average of 3 rare ores per full mine.
5. Without mining skills you get 1-2 iron ore per swing. 1.5 on average. That's 100 swings to empty the mine that has 150 iron ore in it. If you're lucky you'll get 1 rare ore with a swing here and there.
6. Without mining skills there's still the same 5% chance to get rares from mine.
7. 100 swings with 5% chance to get 1 rare ore equals 5 rare ores on average.

5 rare ores > 3 rare ores

I've rounded down some numbers (150/4.5=33.33333, not 33 and 33,33*5%*2=3.3333, not 3), but even with rounding up it would still yield more rares without mining skills.

It just takes much longer to empty the mine, but who cares in an afk-harvesting game?
Last post by Bunny -
@Eilistraee thanks for doing this as it is something I had wanted to know whether the higher skill level and wisdom would be better than the increased swings you get on holding nodes.  With my character maxed mining & wisdom I'd have between 26 and 43 swings on a mine, normally get 128 ore from a mine with new system.
Last post by nubnax -

Last post by Eilistraee -

it works for me. one hit gave me 5 iron ore 2 selentine ore.
This used to be true, but when we implemented the distance based mechanic, we split each item of a "multi-item swing" as an independent roll.
Meaning that you can get "3 iron ore, 1 sulfur, 1 rare" if you were supposed to get 5 items per "swing" on that node.

It would work for you, if you would link an image where you get "3 iron ore, 1 sulfur and 1 rare". What you linked on image is basically what I described as part of being the issue.

I did say 'or' instead of 'and', but that's not a factor, as we talk about rares accumulated per session, not iron ore.

Please roll a new char and check a few times, I would do the same but my alts are being bullied atm :(
This is not going to happen.
First and foremost because the maximum of a stat, with frontloading, won't be a meaningful difference.
And secondly, races will get different perks, but nothing that would encourage a specific playstyle.
We do not want race selection to force title selection, or vice versa.

So your saying that 85 lb Alfar can lift as much as my 360 lb Ork?. All the smaller races must be on Steroids!
Last post by nubnax -

it works for me. one hit gave me 5 iron ore 2 selentine ore.
its exactly why wolves got the strafe speed, which is actually OP.

the casting angle was only a pro when splash damage was full damage
idk I'm not using strafing when circle strafing is still faster
its exactly why wolves got the strafe speed, which is actually OP.

the casting angle was only a pro when splash damage was full damage
...the heights are given to provide a disadvantage over high mobility or being really tanky

i guess that's why ub3rgames also want to give bigger races more hp or something else that increases their survivability, to balance it out.