Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Racial Passives (Read 5541 times) previous topic - next topic

• Fuh Q
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: Discussion: Racial Passives
Reply #195
Meh, I've rerolled from Orc to Elf after years of playing an orc, and I'm not the least bit concerned.
You are just hoping to converse with Elf Guy in race chat.
Ub3r Is fine and know what they are doing, its best they leave it unsubbed for the rest of indev because this lets people know they arent trying to milk us and keeps a flame under them to get the work done as reasonably fast as possible.

Reply #196
jsus the qq. Have you not read the follow up posts of ubergames? It is easy - click on their name and do "search posts".

"Now back into the details:
We all know that hitboxes and models do not coincide well, especially in movement. That is a technical flaw.
We're not designing these racials based on bugs. We will alter the underlying hitboxes further.

We looked at model volume to determine which were the races needing to be compensated or not survivability wise.
That means height is not the only factor, width is too. Height of point of view is considered as an advantage/disadvantage as well."

Translating: they are gonna change the real hitboxes to better fit the contours. Which means at least dwarf and mahirim will most likely get hitbox increased. And since they also said the bonuses will differ male/female.. i mean whining is nice but to me this looks as a very responsible and clear headed balance decision.
  • Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 06:10:37 am by Natris

Reply #197
uw did balance races eh?

these arent that bad... I hope they can add more to the Specialization, like mage hunter, and destroyer etc.  Also, it would be cool to have more movement options

Reply #198
Only racial that is fucked up is dwarves. They are hardest to hit due to some strange hitbox when moving and also get the best racial from all.

Incorrect, this thread is pretty much why you dont listen to casuals and fanboys on balance and game design issues, its pretty much like the world of warcraft forums. Its like we have been invaded by them... Are they waiting for a new expansion or something and given this game a shot?
  • Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 12:42:33 am by Machinist

My missus is fit actually I cant beleive she still has sex with me

New Dawn Best UI Winner 2018 - Add me on Snapchat - tinydicksteve69

Reply #199
Good racials, dunno why all the salt. the passives are fine.

I agree, fair balanced racials and passives, as Orks lost Orkish Brutality!
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:04:14 pm by xzxDJxzx Terrorize

• Giant
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #200
Good racials, dunno why all the salt. the passives are fine.

I agree, fair balanced racials and passives, as Orks lost Orkish Brutality!

You should have agreed with him 4 months ago, you know when the thread was alive, and Tea was around!

Rawr hit the nail on the head, with the first reply to the joke that's called Racial Passives!

Mahirim :
- Q5 HP enchant

Ork :
- A free full plates set worth of HP regen as base.

Human :
- OP FOOD regen (super strong early game for pve with low food supplies)

Dwarf :
- Very strong in general but especially against necro mages.

Elf & Alfar :
- We run out of ideas boys, ID ranges??
  • Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:15:09 pm by Giant
TooLate TheHero - LFC till I die