Skip to main content

Topic: What's your honest opinion on bone armor? (Read 206 times) previous topic - next topic

What's your honest opinion on bone armor?
I've been trying Bone Armor for quite some time now, and I don't know if they are at the right spot atm. I mean I'm not sure if I prefer to be less tanky and play full mage with robe or be a little bit tankier and deal less damage (have less magnitude/less mana regen).

Most of the people player either in robe or in mix of heavy/leather atm, but I don't see many bone set.
What do you guys think?

Re: What's your honest opinion on bone armor?
Reply #1
Many use bone sets, also it's mixable with other armors, they are good, specially for supports.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #2
I only use bone when I want to mix and match pieces but I never wear full bone, ill go robes instead at that point.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #3
I only use bone when I want to mix and match pieces but I never wear full bone, ill go robes instead at that point.
I'm kinda in the same boat. Bone mixes nicely with some leather pieces, or even metal, if you wanna go hybrid.
But anyone going full mage will go Robes instead.
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #4
Bone would be in a perfect spot if they'd buff displacement while wearing it imo. It shouldn't be on the level robes are on, but being able to at least jump walls with stormblast/explosion reliably would be nice.

Reply #5
Bone is OP, low enc cost for high protections.

Reply #6

why is everyone in robe then?

Reply #7
Regular bone and Giant bone feels just right, the robes are way more expensive and it feels like it's in the right place but the upper tiers of bone feel wrong and not worth, ofcourse the down side to wearing archmage vs deinos is you don't get the extra enchants so maybe that's a way of balancing it but it's just doesn't feel worth the cost unless your fighting a major siege

Reply #8

I would guess mobility, survivability will make its entrance when shit matters. Bone is also doubledipping enchants and mix well with leather for example. That its simple to use dosnt hurt either.

Anyway the main comparison isnt against robe, but how close it get to metal protections and surpass leather. You are right though mage is OP
  • Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:56:31 pm by Nataz

Reply #9

I would guess mobility, survivability will make its entrance when shit matters. Bone is also doubledipping enchants and mix well with leather for example. That its simple to use dosnt hurt either.

Anyway the main comparison isnt against robe, but how close it get to metal protections and surpass leather. You are right though mage is OP
Mobility isn't even good in purple robes. Stormblast doesn't work until you're in near bis gear. Which is dumb

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Everyone is in robes because of how low the population is. There are a lot more 2v2s or 3v3s (+/- 1) than 10+vs10+. In bigger scale protections are more important.

Reply #11
Everyone is in robes because of how low the population is. There are a lot more 2v2s or 3v3s (+/- 1) than 10+vs10+. In bigger scale protections are more important.

I only go in robe if I don't have ready bag with bone because equipping armor is still a pain.

@Ub3rgames weren't we promised some tools for easier bank management when making ready bags?
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #12

why is everyone in robe then?
I think that it could be laziness related due to the current climate of the game with people not caring because it's indev and robes being an easy one click to equip instead of clicking several different pieces with a bone set