Skip to main content

Topic: WARRIOR IS OP (Read 1805 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WARRIOR IS OP
Reply #45
Han ID let's play? You gonna water mage, im gona melee rush?

Reply #46
lol, Shield is:
1) Reducing dmg
2) Blocking dmg
3) Stat drain depend on income dmg,

So, example:
Blizzard deal 40 dmg with front hit and 16 stam dmg. If you block it, you will receive 15 dmg and 6 stamina dmg. Same with splash dmg....

Water\Air drain stamina 40% of dmg.

Less dmg, less drain!

Ice storm dealing 5 dmg per tick.
Toxic rain do not have 40% stamina drain, only 20% like all other dmg type (except arcane).
BS. If you block damage you take additional stamina drain from blocking.
Especially with how magic is like a machine gun now you will have to block all the time almost while draining your stamina (with additional stamina drain from blocked damage). Also when you block you can still take splash damage from nuke landing behind you. So then you take normal stamina drain from hit plus stamina drain from blocking.

There shouldn't be magic schools that deal more stamina damage then others. Simply because there is no counter to this. Look at how many spells have air/water magic schools and how fast can you cast them with zero cooldown (combos) compared to one potion and stamina transfer/leach (during which you can't block btw, so you lose some more stamina from ongoing damage).

Now, we are talking about facing 3+ of such mages (specialized in water/air). Potentially much more in the future. Stop talking about duels.
  • Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:32:25 pm by wildNothing

Reply #47
take this 3 mages and contact me, ill take my slave and will try to find 1 more melee player for test

Reply #48
Han ID let's play? You gonna water mage, im gona melee rush?

give me 3 maxed characters in water/air magic and we can do the 3v3

Reply #49

So, you even not logged in game ever, and trying to say something about ingame? Lol...
P.s. what is maxed char in your opinion?
I reach my 100 str and 100 quick only last week....before i played with ~80 str/vit/quick, 50 dex and 100 int....

Reply #50

So, you even not logged in game ever, and trying to say something about ingame? Lol...
I reach my 100 str and 100 quick only last week....before i played with ~80 str/vit/quick, 50 dex and 100 int....

You are taking this thread waaay off track here. Point is I dont play mage and the game punishes me for it in group fights

Reply #51

You are taking this thread waaay off track here. Point is I dont play mage and the game punishes me for it in group fights

Maybe instead of snaking your way out of this, train water/air schools, play it. I bet it would be a learning experience, and who knows you might even find some cracks in that playstyle and use that experience in your future fights.

If not, at least you'll be a water/air mage already ^^

Reply #52

No it doesn't you are just doing it wrong

Only a retard or a baddie would say melee pusher is underpowered in group fights

Reply #53
How about the people in this thread that are defending either side come together on the weekend, and do some prearranged fights, record them.
How about you play the game or stfu? It's clear that you have nothing to say on the current combat state. Most of you have not even been in situations presented in this thread (no surprise, as it's kind of rare to meet decent group of water mages only) yet you talk like you know something. Check it for yourself or stfu, as apparently you have no experience with this specific scenario.

Thread started with observations about the fights that happened, that some of us have been in, but then it had to turn into this epeening show of course, full of insults, because of all the pvp experts out there having an opinion on something they have not even experienced. Screaming of how impossible what others are decribing is, yet asking for someone to show it to them because they have an opionion, but they do not know about what.
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:28:37 am by wildNothing

Reply #54
@Han ID & everyone

If you think melee archery is underpowered in grp you need plenty more practice.
It doesn't matter if you have splash, AoE's, or just archery and melee, whatever you use to kill people you need to fucking hit it.
If you find yourself useless or garbage in team fights, you need to focus on things like positioning, focus fire, AIM, movement, pressure, target swaps.

Group fights are where melee archery shines man!
If they take their eye off you for a second your stickying them, if you pressure a mage by pushing melee he is forced to make defensive plays instead of xheals, aoe/nuke syncs or other teamplay.

Just choose what you like to play and get damn good at it instead of complaining about matchup limitations in a aim based twitch action game.

You hit your shots? You win.
You miss your shots? You lose.
Just get better

& to whoever 3v3'd Mylina and his boys And complained about it.. I've dueled and fought all of them plenty of times and they are all around savage players and know the game well. If the tables were turned and they were melee archery and you as water mages you guys would still get dunked. No offense.
Bowjob Betty - Supreme General of Seek & Destroy

Reply #55
totally agree with this NA player. Only good team play rules, not skill preset. And in open world group fights archery and melee is better and more effective than Magic, atleast coz less friendly fire

Reply #56
totally agree with this NA player. Only good team play rules, not skill preset. And in open world group fights archery and melee is better and more effective than Magic, atleast coz less friendly fire
Mate, you already dropped some "knowledge" on us about turning your back towards attackers in group figts to block nukes that are aimed behind your back. Or how blocking prevents stamina loss. Now this.. Mage can support ofensivly exactly the same as archer, with bolts. With no friendly fire other than that an archer could do too.

@Brutal Noodle I don't know who you are but I can assure you that you are talking to a good player. So stop "teaching" him. What is different about you and him is that he is talking about his experience in few fights with decent group of water mages and you are talking out of your ass, as you have never been in such fights.
  • Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:02:08 am by wildNothing

Reply #57
Lol, mr Nothing, you are protecting man, who even not playing this game, and saying that "he was in fight against 3 mages", but other is not. Lol

Reply #58
Lol, mr Nothing, you are protecting man, who even not playing this game, and saying that "he was in fight against 3 mages", but other is not. Lol
yeah mate, I gave you arguments you give me insult and "lol". Nice to meet you too.

Reply #59
@wildNothing you can see Brutal Noodle's IGN in his sig, and even if you disabled sigs you can click on his forum name to see it there.

PS if that's too much to ask - it's Bowjob Betty
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]