Skip to main content

Topic: Comhither (Read 498 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Comhither
Reply #15
gosti went afk, we rolled over the rest in 3v3, was not video worthy. village timer is going out of scope as well :(
"Eilis Traee" - Uprising. Clan Crafter and Public Relations.
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #16
If youre talking about aldenfau yesterday... 3v4 is easily doable for such a world class player like you , so stop the zerg talk. :)

If i was with players i new and was in comms with i would have easily rolled you 2v4 but the guys i was with are the first to admit not being the greatest pvpers, but i simply wanted to find some pvp. So yh if i was with someone like hayland i generally believe we would kill you 2v6

EDIT: To clarify rats had 4 we had 3 and when i say 3, my 2 guys  who i found bound at hintenfau i asked them to tag along after i killed them 1v2 lol. Moral of the story was they had a healer outside the house and just repeatedly came in with 90+ daggers clusterfucking the house up then running out to get heals i still found it fun. pvps pvp init
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:30:57 pm by Truedon1997
Even when i lose I'm the winner.
Elitist Cuntz Empire Reculata
Truedon- CO Founder of the stickyback code.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBbl-cU_EgIDtdn2_XhqKA <--- pvp vids

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
1. Henk is new to darkfall
2. My daggers are at 80 + 30 mastery
3.i like your excuses :D

4. 2v50!

Reply #18
im cool with come hither being blockable with a shield but this QQ about mage being OP is a buncha biased crap

Reply #19
im cool with come hither being blockable with a shield but this QQ about mage being OP is a buncha biased crap

No its not, the main issue I think is though aoes scale well for damage, the knock ups don't so you can hit someone on the edge of the aoe and do only 4 damage but they will be knocked enough for a guaranteed follow up hit every time.

Knock up needs to scale with aoe damage better so fringe hits do almost no knock up.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #20
Knock up needs to scale with aoe damage better so fringe hits do almost no knock up.
I'm all for this but I 'm not sure if it wil be a mage nerf. I'm often dragged in my own begon while trying to escape melee, and than I'm stuck mid air with guy swinging sword, or I end up in location I don't really want to like in Eilistraee video I ended up in water.

Reply #21
1. Henk is new to darkfall
2. My daggers are at 80 + 30 mastery
3.i like your excuses :D

4. 2v50!

Excuses ? you trying to troll me? are you ready to 1v1 me yet or still wanna hide behind your zerga
Even when i lose I'm the winner.
Elitist Cuntz Empire Reculata
Truedon- CO Founder of the stickyback code.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmBbl-cU_EgIDtdn2_XhqKA <--- pvp vids

Reply #22
I'm all for this but I 'm not sure if it wil be a mage nerf. I'm often dragged in my own begon while trying to escape melee, and than I'm stuck mid air with guy swinging sword, or I end up in location I don't really want to like in Eilistraee video I ended up in water.
I think you ended up there due to desync in cast timer/jump/landing as you were jumping uphill :P But yeah, same effect if I seize you before you release the begone. Begone can work like that, it always had. The issue is with fireball imo, I don't even try to aim the main target, but the ground nearby. In group fights it does not matter if I do 30 dmg or 10, if I get a sure knockup, others will lands their shit as well. Also this floating thing is totally shit, before you at least needed some aim after a knock-up, not that it was hard, but still...
"Things just got worse."

Reply #23
I must say i dont like comehither either.... that one spell completly destroys any highground advantage and you get sooo much fall dmg most of the time... on top of that you are low hp in enemy lines afterwards. Fun spell!!

Dragging people form walls, mountains, ships etc straight up kills you mostly. Whats the point of walls if you cant even properly defend your city from them... the attacker should come up on the wall to fight you and not just pull you down with 90 falldmg....

Honestly, i would just remove it.

Other than that i dont think mages are op right now. Sure, the knockup effect it srly shit right now but i think melee/archer is the way to go. Mage only good for support and aoe's, control spells....
  • Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:12:33 pm by Searven

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
Should remove stormblast and begone too then.
Both spells can be used to push people off of highgrounds, though from different angles ofc.
Also get rid of WoF, since that will drag you off of the wall. (not if you have 1 encumberance...but you know..thats getting patched soon™)

Probably nerf eyerot to hell to, since its hard to move on a wall when you cant see.
Add in confusion, pungeunt mist. Maybe ice storm, wall of fire, flames of vengeance, whats the necro one?
Lets see, what spells are left that serve a purpose besides the damage they deal?

This way, even the most try hard mages will just be firing differently colourd projectiles at far greater cost for comparable damage, with slower atk speed increased stat cost and no ability to be hasted by another player.
Thankfully, dispite their stupid short duration, wards arent complete garbage with encumberance.

Anyway, long story short.
Its indev, they fucked up encumberance, title system will shuffle the deck all anew.
No point in balance complaints, most of all because they said they arent trying to balance the game because indev population isnt giving good enough feedback.

Reply #25
Come hither is fun mechanic, it shall not be removed. Mages are more annoying than OP imo.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #26
Being blockable seems like the right solution to me.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #27
Should remove stormblast and begone too then.
Both spells can be used to push people off of highgrounds, though from different angles ofc.
Also get rid of WoF, since that will drag you off of the wall. (not if you have 1 encumberance...but you know..thats getting patched soon™)

Probably nerf eyerot to hell to, since its hard to move on a wall when you cant see.
Add in confusion, pungeunt mist. Maybe ice storm, wall of fire, flames of vengeance, whats the necro one?
Lets see, what spells are left that serve a purpose besides the damage they deal?

This way, even the most try hard mages will just be firing differently colourd projectiles at far greater cost for comparable damage, with slower atk speed increased stat cost and no ability to be hasted by another player.
Thankfully, dispite their stupid short duration, wards arent complete garbage with encumberance.

Anyway, long story short.
Its indev, they fucked up encumberance, title system will shuffle the deck all anew.
No point in balance complaints, most of all because they said they arent trying to balance the game because indev population isnt giving good enough feedback.

None of those spells even come close to comehither... titels and encumbrance dont/will not affect it much either.

Comehither completly negates any highground advantage. Thats a fact.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
what would the benefit of being on the high ground be if there was no come hither?
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #29
what would the benefit of being on the high ground be if there was no come hither?

What? High ground has all the tactical advantages of looking down with clear view and having ridge lines for defense, being able to shoot at feet for aoe spray instead of needing direct hits aiming up.

High ground is the oldest tactical advantage in military history.