Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Patch 3.9 - The Armor Patch (Read 3812 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: Patch 3.9 - The Armor Patch
Greetings,
We have just deployed patch 3.9 - The Armor Patch to our InDev server.
You may read the news and Patch notes here

We have also opened up a few threads to direct feedback:
Economy and regionalization in Patch 3.9
Combat balance in 3.9

We hope you enjoy the patch, and have a nice week end!
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: Patch 3.9 - The Armor Patch
Reply #1
Could you explain this further?

- We have experimented with various types of scarcity with the crafting recipes to observe player behavior.

As well as something on the new materials (leather and cloth variations I guess?)
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:45:46 am by Mycke
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #2
Buffs are terrible now :(

Reply #3
- Leather and cloth can no longer be purchased at vendors.

best i saw imo, what's yours? post only one ;P

Reply #4
Could you explain this further?

- We have experimented with various types of scarcity with the crafting recipes to observe player behavior.

As well as something on the new materials (leather and cloth variations I guess?)

Its mentioned in the patch notes, of the new bone, leather, and robe recipes some items can only be acquired in certain places.

Think cobra staves and taints but with armor. Or at least that's my guess.

Reply #5
@Mycke
We tried to spread the new resources in different ways, on monsters either very numerous and respawning quickly, on monsters that don't spawn often, or can be found to only one location.
We've tried out to add things to useless monsters or to make some even more "hot spot" material.
@Ron Paul has it right.

@Synchro666
That's sort of the point. You can no longer cast all of them and you have to make a selection.
If you aren't wearing robes, you would be around mana neutral at 3 self buffs active.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #6
Not having to buff so much sounds great tbh.
Can you hear me now ? - Ed Snowden
--------------------------------------------------
Ingame: Ori Ori

Reply #7
@Mycke
We tried to spread the new resources in different ways, on monsters either very numerous and respawning quickly, on monsters that don't spawn often, or can be found to only one location.
We've tried out to add things to useless monsters or to make some even more "hot spot" material.
@Ron Paul has it right.

@Synchro666
That's sort of the point. You can no longer cast all of them and you have to make a selection.
If you aren't wearing robes, you would be around mana neutral at 3 self buffs active.
With bone I was mana neutral with just 1 buff, why not just take out buffs altogether?

Reply #8
The being able to search for mats on the map is excellent!
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #9
@Mycke
@Ron Paul has it right.

@Synchro666
With bone I was mana neutral with just 1 buff, why not just take out buffs altogether?

Well bone has mana regen and I put 3 buffs on and was still gaining so i think they mean naked 3 buffs but wearing robes or bone will give you more.

I can just leave spell haste on now.
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 03:01:54 am by Mycke

Reply #10
So happy the patch finally dropped. So sad i have to work all weekend -.- Can't wait till Monday to try it out.

Reply #11
Other buffs are becoming quite a bit more powerful now, when people can run with so few self buffs.
ᛟ Charax Hatehunter ᛟ

Reply #12
powerful patch. @Ub3rgames

congratz for being creative and effective. thats the real big patch on darkfall since both recent companies bought the licence.

now i honestly hope u guys think better about move to NYC. I bet in a awesome population from this.

Reply #13
Other buffs are becoming quite a bit more powerful now, when people can run with so few self buffs.

Ya...also is Destroyer still in? Because Destroyer+leather/metal armor+higher damage caps+ haste melee/ranged+ fewer people running stoneskin+arrow shield+ some people using lower protection armor is going to lead to us needing a new term to describe the devastatingly fast rape that can occur from low TTK

".5'd"  won't cut it anymore we're going to have to start referring to it as being "instagibbed" or something

I know long term Ub3rgames has a plan to address that stuff, but in the short term...there will be tears LOL

I can't actually play right now because my gaming PC died and I'm waiting on Ryzen/Vega, but the patch notes sound pretty awesome and have got me hyped for the first time in a while.

I think this is arguably the most extensive patch I have ever seen including all of AV's since 2008

The games going to play waaaay differently than RoA/ DF1, but I'm excited about learning/ creating the new meta tbh

Reply #14
- General damage caps has been increased to 75 from the front and 105 in the back. The general damage curve has been altered too for a slight general front loading.
- If a protection is debuffed, it will now increase the damage cap for that damage type.

Are you kidding me?
[20:22:42] (Carbon Stampede): king weanker mad he has no friends to help siege so he sit in bush like a gay camera man