Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: A new sound for a New Dawn (Read 690 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: A new sound for a New Dawn
Greetings,
As of last patch, we have had new music tracks integrated in the game for the racial NPC cities. Today, we present our composer, Robert Sandnes and our evolution of the game's music system, and share the soundcloud for all tracks.
A new sound for a New Dawn
Soundcloud with all the tracks
Enjoy the music, and have a great weekend!
  • Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 09:56:17 am by Ub3rgames
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: A new sound for a New Dawn
Reply #1
Yay for some darkfall music!  Thanks for sharing the SoundCloud so I can hear the others easily.

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #2
Human, mahirims and the ork ones are the best. Noticed he is a norwegian composer, someone affiliated with the old razorwax crew or is completely unrleated?
Anyway gj, very good soundtracks.
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #3
Not at all related, but Norwegian indeed.

Reply #4
Heard the new music for White Claw and I think its utterly badass! Keep up the amazing work!

Reply #5
Glad to see that - as the shortest species - dorfs have the shortest soundtrack. #Realisim

Reply #6
Really liked the mahirim one! <3

Bra jobba!

• mrW
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
<3 the Mahirim one and great job overall! I'm sad to part with Darkfall's ambient, but when hearing what it is being replaced with I'm happy!
The Alfar one also seems to very fit the vibe of Alfar lands.
  • Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:02:56 pm by mrw

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Very pleased you guys are looking into all aspects of the game such as music. Makes the game much more pro.

Was curious though, are there plans to address all the other sounds as many of them are sub par or non-existent.
For instance, splashing in water, waves crashing on shore, waterfalls, birds singing, crickets chirping, slosh noises for mounts in marshes/water, and many more.
WoW, AA, RoA, Guild Wars, Albion, Lotro, ESO and many other MMO's harvesting times range from five seconds to one minute.
DND's harvesting time takes eight minutes at max skill. Something wrong with that? I think so.

Reply #9
@Bish
Over time, yes, but we're starting with the music as their absence are what is the most felt.

Reply #10
really impressing new music, good job to Robert Sandnes!
with orcs and dwarfs being a bit too loud for my taste compared to the darkfall vibe, the other ones fit in perfectly.
especially mahirim and alfar gave me deep chills ;-)
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #11
On in bg during play totally changes the tone of the game. Very well done!

Reply #12
Rly stunning work. I had a eargasm from listening to this. *Gives Robert Sandnes a standing ovation*

Reply #13
Alfar 4ever ... but dorf and ork music are nearly perfect!

Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
- Coding is like Cuisine. Everyone knows good food when they eat it, but what looks easy in the plate could take hours of baking in the kitchen. - DND Godking Dev

Reply #14

All great music,  but especially love the Alfar soundtrack. So atmospheric  8)