Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: The InDev Master Plan (Read 3865 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: The InDev Master Plan
Greetings, in this week's update we go over what is left for us to work on during the InDev period and in which order we intend to implement features.
We also touch on when we intent on marketing and promoting the game.

The InDev Master Plan

Please note that starting today, characters that have been inactive for over a month will be placed in storage.
Clans without any active characters will be disbanded.
Note also that starting Friday, expired accounts will become inactive. Don't forget to pick up a time extension in the store.

Enjoy the read.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: The InDev Master Plan
Reply #1
What is meant by "Free period showdown: (...) with final tweaks before the switch to the final map." - Final Map?

Reply #2
Does that for current players mean we have to buy the package for 19,99 € again to be subscribed?

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Does that for current players mean we have to buy the package for 19,99 € again to be subscribed?
I havent looked but if you own a package already you should have a 9.99 sub available
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #4
@Spool Lyger
The free period showdown is just concluding InDev with a free access period for players to see the game after all our efforts and participate in the period of sieging that is sure to happen then.

It is meant to mirror the stress test that was free too, for players to see a before/after and motivate them to push through and join us for the Live launch.

What we mean by final map is that since the map will be wiped, we are now on a temporary world and there will be a permanent one.
We'll edit to clear this up, it can indeed be interpreted differently.

@vanvaldenburg
No, if you go check the store, if you've purchased the 20€ pack, you just have to spend 10€ for an extra month.

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
@Spool Lyger
The free period showdown is just concluding InDev with a free access period for players to see the game after all our efforts and participate in the period of sieging that is sure to happen then.

It is meant to mirror the stress test that was free too, for players to see a before/after and motivate them to push through and join us for the Live launch.

What we mean by final map is that since the map will be wiped, we are now on a temporary world and there will be a permanent one.
We'll edit to clear this up, it can indeed be interpreted differently.

@vanvaldenburg
No, if you go check the store, if you've purchased the 20€ pack, you just have to spend 10€ for an extra month.

My only concern with it being free right before the end is that those not even intending to play could have a huge influence (or opportunity to screw with) end game and launch politics.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #6
Thanks so much for this!  Great read, very excited for the future.  All the information I was hoping for.

• nubnax
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
is there an option to automatically add subscription when your bundle runs out?
Bala Eregi - SG of Pickaxe Inc

Reply #8
Mycke, it sounds to me like he means that this free period is on a fresh server with the holdings already having been decided on the "current" server.

Where does the weapon rebalancing fit into this timeline?

Reply #9
Nice going Uber! Looking forward to the future!
The thing with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Reply #10
@Mycke
They would just be the equivalent to barbarians in a Civilization game.
They may have an impact, but it is more important to have players see the game and what it is capable of. It is a promotional period pure and simple, and the more clan need and nurture new players and get them in fights, the more people will convert to this game.

There is nothing like the adrenaline of being part of a war that matters. And no game out there can provide it the way Darkfall can.
The world needs to see it, and also see that by then the most crippling flaws of Darkfall have been solved and that there is hope for a bright future with us at the helm.

@nubnax
No automatic renewal. Since we're doing this whole "increase bundle" system, with each upgrade being at a different period with increasing costs, we do not want people to feel bad having forgot to turn of the recurring fee.
This is why we're going the other way by giving people a 7 day grace period to not lose the upgrade possibility.

@DefMatrixUltra
No, the free period will be on InDev, so that everyone has equal chances of being part of the showdown.
Weapon balancing fits in the patch cycle 3 and its first iteration is currently being worked on.

Reply #11
@vanvaldenburg

Can confirm that.
For some reason i had two accounts and was logged in the wrong one.

Reply #12
So my only concern right now is that local banking is so far away.
I can not imagine that you can get the economy right with one wipe.
At least not when it's basically the last thing you implement right before the wipe. Then we are looking at another few months to test this feature and inDEV would stretch to like from 9 to 12 or so months

Albion online for example is in the 4th wipe phase i think. That just shows me how difficult it is afterall to get local banking right.

If possible i would at least try to push mount stam with inventory, like you already do. But then asap the local markets and right after the local banks.

Reply #13
Hope that local banking etc comes in early.

Silly question: at launch, do you need 100K unspent mediation points for them to carry over, or if you have spent at least 100K meditation points will they re-appear?

Great job Uber, can't wait to see the changes.

Reply #14
I think local banking is way too far off in the development cycle. You need to test that shit before you Market it
  • Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 12:18:58 pm by Dukeajuke