Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Laying down a solid foundation (Read 1653 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: Laying down a solid foundation
Greetings, this week we look back at the past 2 month of work and all that was accomplished already. Now that the game has had a lot of its ground work done, it looks like we'll be able to start working on more fun things.
Laying down a solid foundation
Enjoy
  • Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 10:43:05 pm by Ub3rgames
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• gosti
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: Discussion: Laying down a solid foundation
Reply #1
Race changes after buffing some of them?

Reply #2

I would like that after they've implemented all the race changes. Perhaps one free race change before release to allow us to test others than the one we picked prior to changes. To see what fits our play style the best. Also like to thank the development team for fixing all those memory leaks.

Reply #3
I think you guys have done a very good job so far and have shown more competence with the core engine than AV ever showed. i know some people are impatient and want content, but I totally get the need to fix the core first or you would just be building on an unstable foundation.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #4
•Provide players with tools to better control a play session's length.
?

Reply #5
Eagerly awaiting them patch notes !

Reply #6
Great summary of what you guys have achieved so far. And a nice taste of things to come.

Keep up the good work!

Reply #7
More mahirims running around?

That implies that Mahirims are the worst race. It is by far orks. Consistently the lowest populated race throughout dfo and I'm sure its the same here too.

I personally think mahirims are fine, orks are the ones that need a huge buff. Not only in the racial difference but orklands. Orklands is the biggest pile ever, its no wonder everyone goes over to mahirim lands--its just amazing over there.

In orklands there are very few resources to sustain yourself (lots of trees that are fake and can't be hit). There is a bank where if you go afk at someone can do one knockback on you and you're in lava (fire run). And nearly every city has terrible crafting station locations, not to mention the capital city which is probably the single worst one in the game.

The only one redeeming quality of orklands is two dungeons. Sorry for the rant but being an ork stinks yet I've been one since 2009 and it makes me sad seeing them mistreated for so long.

• rykus
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
I would like that after they've implemented all the race changes. Perhaps one free race change before release to allow us to test others than the one we picked prior to changes. To see what fits our play style the best. Also like to thank the development team for fixing all those memory leaks.

https://forums.darkfallnewdawn.com/index.php?topic=2868.msg34246#msg34246

Reply #9
@Ub3rgames
"Made people care about the alignment system"
How? I was forced red by bugs and then I realized I really had no reason to be blue anyways. I can still get meditation points as a red, what benefits of being blue are there?

"Made the first few changes to allow for specialized playstyles to exist."
Can you elaborate? I was not aware of any changes that even hint at specialized playstyles.

Aside from those bits, a nice summary and I look forward to future changes.

• rykus
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #10
I personally think mahirims are fine, orks are the ones that need a huge buff. Not only in the racial difference but orklands. Orklands is the biggest pile ever, its no wonder everyone goes over to mahirim lands--its just amazing over there.

In orklands there are very few resources to sustain yourself (lots of trees that are fake and can't be hit). There is a bank where if you go afk at someone can do one knockback on you and you're in lava (fire run). And nearly every city has terrible crafting station locations, not to mention the capital city which is probably the single worst one in the game.

Could not agree more.  Was a wolf in DFO, and tried spending time in the Orklands, and it was terrible.  Got an extra acct while DFO was up, and played an ork for several months.  I thought maybe I just didn't like it, and it really boiled down to personal preference, but no.  Being an Ork crafter  who never leaves the homelands has to be the most difficult thing you can do in DF.

Reply #11
@Ub3rgames
How? I was forced red by bugs and then I realized I really had no reason to be blue anyways. I can still get meditation points as a red, what benefits of being blue are there?

Can you elaborate? I was not aware of any changes that even hint at specialized playstyles.

While I can not answer as to what exactly Ub3rgames ment by their message, I can answer partially:

1) "specialization part" was due magic spells of the same type sharing cooldows + buffed Transmuted staves
2) Blues get higher rewards from quests (up to +120% higher reward)
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #12
@Ub3rgames

While I can not answer as to what exactly Ub3rgames ment by their message, I can answer partially:

1) "specialization part" was due magic spells of the same type sharing cooldows + buffed Transmuted staves

Well I can do a quest a day as a red and never run out of meditation points. So the extra 120% is not all that significant. So that makes being blue only attractive if I only want to log in once a week and do a couple quests and then log out. All I can see that encouraging is a more empty world.

Was the buff to transmuted staffs actually significant? As far as I can tell everyone still just uses Black bolts and Cobras.
And in terms of the shared cool-downs with spells... all that did was make everyone go with fire magic.

Reply #13
@Ub3rgames

Well I can do a quest a day as a red and never run out of meditation points. So the extra 120% is not all that significant. So that makes being blue only attractive if I only want to log in once a week and do a couple quests and then log out. All I can see that encouraging is a more empty world.

Was the buff to transmuted staffs actually significant? As far as I can tell everyone still just uses Black bolts and Cobras.
And in terms of the shared cool-downs with spells... all that did was make everyone go with fire magic.
Hence it is all just a start.

The +120% quest rewards is not only meditation, it is also for gold and stackables (quest that gives a steeedgrass will give 2 to a blue player)

Btw -transmuted staves got a nice buff - just the nudge they needed. From my testing (someone confirm/dispute this please) they now act as 0,60 dmg multi higher than what their base dmg multi is, and it goes over the 1,00 cap (so a 0,60 fire staff acts like a 1,20 for fire spells).
Wyverex Erisian - random scrub who enjoys DF

For the love of all that is holy
Darkfall: New Dawn is not Dungeons & Dragons
[DND or DF:ND =/= DnD]

Reply #14
@Ub3rgames

You get about half the med points from quests when red. After duelling a clannie, he hit the wrong button and didn't forgive me.  I went down to 2/10 alignment (not even red), and immediately all quests that gave me 950 were giving me 550.  That's a HARD hit for a casual playing one night a week who can't keep up with Meditation.

Hmm, they buffed transmuted staves?  Any idea by how much?
  • Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 11:37:07 pm by Rimamok