Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: End of open access and Patch 3 overview (Read 1597 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: End of open access and Patch 3 overview
Greetings, this week's update has been delayed a bit to allow us to see the consequences of the not having free access anymore, and they are incredibly good. We're also going over our intended changes for Patch 3 over the coming month.
End of open access and Patch 3 overview
Enjoy!
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• Textra
  • [*][*]
Re: Discussion: End of open access and Patch 3 overview
Reply #1
Only a 20% drop in players after the pay wall went up, I'm really surprised by that. I would have expected at least a 50% drop. Glad to be wrong.
  • Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:34:22 am by Textra
History - NA-1: River Fey - Mostly freelance, but I joined the Aussie clan Bushrangers for about a month or two before quitting DFO.
Current - EU-1: River Fey - Unaffiliated.

Reply #2
Only a 20% drop in players after the pay wall went up, I'm really surprised by that. I would have expected at least a 50%. Glad to be wrong.

Same here! I've not really noticed even the 20% drop except only less afk miners to kill.

Reply #3
I am happy to see the closed beta is going well and retention rates are high.  I am a big supporter of local banking and removal of  instant travel.  However, I and worried that I don't see any changes in 3.x to supplement travel like faster road or pack mule.

Reply #4
Great times ahead :)

Reply #5
The mount stamina system will increase a normal mount's top speed based on how good a player manages his mount's stamina.
It will do a lot more for traveling speed than faster roads, and should provide players with ways to escape/engage more effectively.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

• BlackSun
  • [*][*]
Reply #6
Love the way it's going right now and the frequency patches and improvements rolling out.
Keep it up it will pay for sure

Reply #7
Only a 20% drop in players after the pay wall went up, I'm really surprised by that. I would have expected at least a 50%. Glad to be wrong.

Thats awsome.

Where did you get those numbers from?

• Textra
  • [*][*]
Reply #8

Thats awsome.

Where did you get those numbers from?

Second paragraph.
https://darkfallnewdawn.com/2016-08-18-end-open-access-patch-3-overview/
History - NA-1: River Fey - Mostly freelance, but I joined the Aussie clan Bushrangers for about a month or two before quitting DFO.
Current - EU-1: River Fey - Unaffiliated.

• Mycke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
Only a 20% drop in players after the pay wall went up, I'm really surprised by that. I would have expected at least a 50% drop. Glad to be wrong.

Yeah I was wrong too, I thought it would be around 500 players plus alts and was told it was higher, obviously wasn't told numbers just that I was wrong low, So be it 550 or 1k, either way thats a good sign this early.
Mycke Soulslayer - Supreme General: Rastalfarian - An all Alfar clan of all play styles in all time zones, welcoming new and vet players alike.

Reply #10
Of course it was only a 20% drop in players Darkfall is like crack.  Now that you've played it again, you cant quit.  The only option is to pay.

Reply #11
Truly great news on the numbers, congratulations!

And can't wait to see these new magic robes for decorating player houses that you're bringing in, in "The Great Magic Overall".  :D

Reply #12
definitely exciting times.
"I like to think of RoA as Romulan, and DnD as Vulcan. They kind of look similar, but one is more based on logic." -greatdane

Reply #13
Well P2P is all good and everything, but I cant login after the latest update and I bought the game. Keep getting error 2 or something of that nature. What do I need to do to be able to login?

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
The mount stamina system will increase a normal mount's top speed based on how good a player manages his mount's stamina.
It will do a lot more for traveling speed than faster roads, and should provide players with ways to escape/engage more effectively.

Will you implement also backpacks, both for mounts and players? Is very usefull and important for moving goods at a decent rate.

From making all weapon types viable to reviewing the reach/hitbox size/cameras of  the various races, our goal is to  get people experimenting with the tools they most likely never have seen used and create a strong foundation for us to build on.

For me and some of my guildmates is extremely game changing, finally we can play the race we like and no because is the best for pvp. Consider it a priority and let us test it, also allowing race changes.

Thanks Ub3r.
  • Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:47:00 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues