Skip to main content

Topic: Discussion: Free trial extended until the 16th of August (Read 2488 times) previous topic - next topic

Discussion: Free trial extended until the 16th of August
Greetings, just a quick news to announce we'll be extending the free period until the 16th of August to try out our upcoming alignment changes with higher numbers of completely new players.
Free trial extended until the 16th of August
Enjoy!
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Re: Discussion: Free trial extended until the 16th of August
Reply #1
Great i probably saved some money here buying 2 accounts lol Happy to hear Alignment changes coming before August 16th =]

Reply #2
Impressed to see the alignment overhaul is planned to be in game by the 16th!

Reply #3
Nice!

Reply #4
@Krag Stonefist @Dragonx Ivanzypher
Not everything in the overhaul will be there by the 16th, but it will be a good start down that road, and we'll continue afterwards.

@Mega
We know alts seem like an issue currently, but they aren't such a factor unless people are using fake IPs for their alts.
A low barrier of entry allows us to get new player and test out if they are still easy to be taken advantage of.
The Darkfall: New Dawn Dev Team.

Reply #5
Nice. Didn't see this coming!

• Bish
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
I feel you made the right decision here.
The changes you have made are great, but they aren't really huge game mechanic changes.
The alignment system will probably the biggest yet.

I've always felt more of the bigger changes should be introduced prior to charging, including local banking and guard towers... hint hint ;)
WoW, AA, RoA, Guild Wars, Albion, Lotro, ESO and many other MMO's harvesting times range from five seconds to one minute.
DND's harvesting time takes eight minutes at max skill. Something wrong with that? I think so.

Reply #7
I feel you made the right decision here.
The changes you have made are great, but they aren't really huge game mechanic changes.
The alignment system will probably the biggest yet.

I've always felt more of the bigger changes should be introduced prior to charging, including local banking and guard towers... hint hint ;)

have to agree here +1
people think and believe thats DND what they currently playing, even its still just the 2012er AV Version with SQL changes.

• Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:14:44 pm by Prometheus
Come at me!!
In the Darkfall Univers since 2005
- Coding is like Cuisine. Everyone knows good food when they eat it, but what looks easy in the plate could take hours of baking in the kitchen. - DND Godking Dev

Reply #8

Nefastus Reborn
Sutsafen Reborn

Reply #9
goood news u were able to make paypal an option :) :) :)

for the new players i strongly recommend to implement a pop-up at the login which clearly says that its heavy inDev to make sure they come back to checkout the game at a later state, because from what i heard a lot of new players do not read forums nor the news, so they are complete not in picture of what is going on and how to interpret what they see and experience
ingame: Dropkick Skibba

Reply #10

How the fuck did you get a gif to work on here?

I tried for quite a while and couldn't

But ya this was a good decision

Reply #11
This will be fun.  That 25th was looking pretty dark being only a day away.  Glad people will get to see a change so quickly.

Reply #12
I couldnt care less for the money, but its good for some people that they can try out the game a little longer.
I do suggest to write an email to all registered users  to inform them about what is going on, that the trial is extended and what the current upcoming patches are.

I do suggest aswell the weekend after you implement a big changes , there could be a free weekend for players to test out the new content for free. so lets say that you push 1 major gamechanging mechanic per month, then that means 1 free weekend to try out the new content.

You could also just say that there is standard 1 free weekend per month during indev so it can still generate new players when they want to hop in and try instead of making a purchase. that low entry will possibly be good in the long run.

To sum up :
  • Send mails to every registered user with information once per month
  • give a free testweekend per month or after big patch
    The thing with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Reply #13
    That was the best thing you can do!
    I saw (maybe I'm wrong) a huge influx of players the last days/hours!

Reply #14
    Hurray!! More alts harvesting up all the easy ore/timber...