Skip to main content

Topic: I WANT TO BUY THIS GAME!...like the whole game (Read 422 times) previous topic - next topic

I WANT TO BUY THIS GAME!...like the whole game
So how much does it cost to buy either the licensing rights or this current company? 

Someone should at the very least throw out a ballpark number.  $10??  $100??  $1,000??? $10,000???

This game is far from dead but is definitely on life support.

The CreepLord hath Asketh for Information-eth

Re: I WANT TO BUY THIS GAME!...like the whole game
Reply #1
Bare minimum for a commercial enterprise is $50k.  They got a $10M deal from Koreans a few years back, I doubt they'd even bother showering off their sunscreen to sign your papers for $50k.

Edit:  50k might show them you're serious about developing it though, so they might accept that plus a share of future profits.  50k would be something like "collateral".

Also to your point on "this game is far from dead"... please never work in a morgue or on a crime scene investigation team.  Clearly not your calling.
  • Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:03:55 am by Rimamok

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Id go out on a limb and say dnds liscense is non transferable

Reply #3
I know it would probably be impossibly difficult but it's a shame darkfall never had mod tools and the ability for people to create their own mods.

Reply #4
Don't worry, the tens of thousands of DF1 players will come back in droves as soon as a server opens. The game is flawless, just mismanagement causing it to fail.

(Replace DF1 by whatever version and reuse, free of charge).

Reply #5
Don't worry, the tens of thousands of DF1 players will come back in droves as soon as a server opens. The game is flawless, just mismanagement causing it to fail.

(Replace DF1 by whatever version and reuse, free of charge).

I know you say this as a troll but the mismanagement of the game had a big impact on the amount of people playing. DF1, RoA and DnD have all had shit companies running them.

Reply #6
 Don't agree. the game is not finished in various aspects and it shows. That's the main reason of its failures untill now.

I think that Ub3r did a good work (so far) but there is still significant aspects to polish to create the success this game deserve.

Reply #7
Ub3r did way more during InDev than since launch.
Launch very much felt rushed... and game was in many ways better and more fun a month before end of indev

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #8
Don't agree. the game is not finished in various aspects and it shows. That's the main reason of its failures untill now.

I think that Ub3r did a good work (so far) but there is still significant aspects to polish to create the success this game deserve.
yep

• Devil
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
Ub3r did way more during InDev than since launch.
Launch very much felt rushed... and game was in many ways better and more fun a month before end of indev

the magic of running out of money.