Skip to main content

Poll

What will Ub3rgames do for the game's one-year anniversary?

• Deliver a Jesus patch
    11 (14.9%)
  • Shut down the servers
    22 (29.7%)
  • Continue the silent agony (do nothing)
    41 (55.4%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Topic: Anniversary (Read 3659 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Anniversary
Reply #30
He fixed the journal and we do have progress. He now even visit the forums once a week in the morning before he goes to his real job.

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #31
He fixed the journal and we do have progress. He now even visit the forums once a week in the morning before he goes to his real job.

:-D
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.

Reply #32
Oh snap!

I highly doubt that a Jesus patch will come but it could indicate that he is running it in a more "freeshard" type of manner than a company. If that is the case it could stay up a while (but probably without patches), people that work "ideally" tend to be able to do it for quite some time.

Still think the language on the subscription page is ethically wrong and a bit twisted, still wouldn't play the game, but I would consider it to be fair enough if this was communicated so that people could know what to expect.
  • Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:45:23 pm by makaveli
Regards,
Kretyns()

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #33
Oh snap!

I highly doubt that a Jesus patch will come but it could indicate that he is running it in a more "freeshard" type of manner than a company. If that is the case it could stay up a while (but probably without patches), people that work "ideally" tend to be able to do it for quite some time.

Still think the language on the subscription page is ethically wrong and a bit twisted, still wouldn't play the game, but I would consider it to be fair enough if this was communicated so that people could know what to expect.

true, iam logging in from time to time and kill a rare ore golem.

And Darkfall is still the only game that offers one large online world with free-aim combat. There is no other game like this, last try was Atlas and that failed.

Reply #34

has he confirmed that the game is no longer in development then?
I only post when I'm bored at work, sue me.

Reply #35
I'm not sure how many of you have started a business full of plans and hopes, and then  hit a point when you know it wont work.
Its a horrible feeling and you then go into survival\avoidance mode.

Unless he receives a government grant I cant imagine anything will change.

Congratulations to those of you that spammed constant negativity and nitpicking, you broke his spirit and once the spirit is gone its over. This game died because you wanted it to.

Reply #36
I'm not sure how many of you have started a business full of plans and hopes, and then  hit a point when you know it wont work.

Congratulations to those of you that spammed constant negativity and nitpicking, you broke his spirit and once the spirit is gone its over. This game died because you wanted it to.

The game died because Marc didn't know what he was doing, and couldn't handle criticism thrown his way in regards to most of his design decisions. 

Don't forget how quickly he dismissed the now fact DND would turn into altfall due to the shitty title system and even worse spawn scaling system.

Reply #37

GTFO here with that snowflake  "they ruined my dreams with words on the internet" shit. Jesus. Marc had a brittle spirit and would lie instead of giving an answer he knew would upset people. That's a recipe for fail.

Running a company let alone one where customers interact with you online on a fairly regular basis is not for the fucking weak. If you can't handle Anonymous people online calling you a fucking idiot how are you going to handle conversations with investors and 3rd party vendors when they're calling you that to your face? They're even worse before you cut a deal, God forbid you show any signs of that stuff working you're done for.

Reply #38

I haven't posted on here in months, but I had to stop in to let you know you are a fucking retarded.  Blaming the failure of this game on the people pointing out what is wrong with this game is absurdly stupid.  I don't know how you could possibly warp your mind enough to think that is a fact.

Fuck me did I get trolled, you're a troll account aren't you.

Reply #39
@Alberton and about the player? The player is supposed to have unlimited spirit and continue sacrificing his time indefinitely? That just doesn't work that way.

Let me give you an example of recent events. I advised Ub3rgames that with ongoing liquidation people will lose trust in the game, so it would be important that they push changes to mitigate the damage. Ub3rgames made no change to upkeep, over a period clans lost holdings and eventually capital holdings also went down. The population is not big enough to recover from this kind of thing, we've just been left to die a slow death.

When you've been warned, taken no action, and then the consequences happen... is it the fault of the people telling you the problem? or the people leaving? ... You see, we've been through this so many times, personally I have no will to try anymore. We've said our piece, they don't want to listen. Fine... not our problem anymore.

Reply #40
stop it guys. It was a nice ride. Last few months were bad, but before that I had a blast. I talked to them on this forum when it made sense (when they listened and responded) now I guess you can just login or not.

@VoQeles - you are a good guy, I owe you, but come on - you gave them advice and now you are not happy that they have not listened to it? Who are we to give them advice and EXPECT them to listen to us? They brought dfo back. You and me - we just played it.

Back to the topic - I wonder what will happen in two weeks (anniversary). Maybe they just wait for 1 year subscriptions to run out to close the server? That would make them fulfill their obligation to everyone that bought subscription (as 1 year was the maximum package I think).

Anyway, no better mmorpg on the market. As long as it's online I will log in from time to time. Just to get a feel of how badass this game is.
  • Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:09:07 am by wildNothing

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
stop it guys. It was a nice ride. Last few months were bad, but before that I had a blast. I talked to them on this forum when it made sense (when they listened and responded) now I guess you can just login or not.

@VoQeles - you are a good guy, I owe you, but come on - you gave them advice and now you are not happy that they have not listened to it? Who are we to give them advice and EXPECT them to listen to us? They brought dfo back. You and me - we just played it.

Back to the topic - I wonder what will happen in two weeks (anniversary). Maybe they just wait for 1 year subscriptions to run out to close the server? That would make them fulfill their obligation to everyone that bought subscription (as 1 year was the maximum package I think).

Anyway, no better mmorpg on the market. As long as it's online I will log in from time to time. Just to get a feel of how badass this game is.

what if people bought 1 year subs after release :-P

Reply #42
what if people bought 1 year subs after release :-P
lol, you are right. I'm a dumb ass. :)

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
Dont forget to use my Ring of Elysium Referral code and reach rank 10: SDE5Z9THM1M

• Nuyur
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #44
Who are we to give them advice and EXPECT them to listen to us?

You kind of invite that mentality when you ask players to test your game in indev and ask for feedback.
But i guess they never said they would listen to us...Technically correct, the best kind.