• Other (describe in thread)
    7 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Topic: Donation poll (Read 1252 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Donation poll
Reply #45
Stop kidding yourselves all your donations are going to marcs salary
60 hours a week semi afk being a gm but not working on the game
Most of a games' income SHOULD go to salaries.  And you'd have to have your head up your ass not to recognize the shitload of changes they've introduced.  Did they do it perfectly?  Hell no, but if they were perfect then they'd be running a Fortune 500 company.

I'm more than happy to continue funding their salaries as long as this ship stays afloat.

Reply #46
If they had been in communication with us and keeping us abreast of their situation I would have donated, but the way this is all going down has broken my confidence with them.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
If they had been in communication with us and keeping us abreast of their situation I would have donated, but the way this is all going down has broken my confidence with them.
I can tell man. You haven't really been as vocal about shit since this crap broke out. These dudes are a completely different entity than the people we dealt with during indev and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't participate in the indev because it truly was an all around better product and experience
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #48
I can tell man. You haven't really been as vocal about shit since this crap broke out. These dudes are a completely different entity than the people we dealt with during indev and I feel sorry for anyone who didn't participate in the indev because it truly was an all around better product and experience

Well honestly just paid race changes could of generated a few k euros im sure and the fact they are so inept to not put that in when they NEEDED money just blows my mind. Im in a neutral state no longer for them but not against either and its up to them as devs to save their game.

I'm not really feeling like playing much but will maintain my homes and hamlet, i call it a holding pattern :P
  • Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:03:03 pm by Mycke

Reply #49

Well honestly just paid race changes could of generated a few k euros im sure and the fact they are so inept to not put that in when they NEEDED money just blows my mind. Im in a neutral state no longer for them but not against either and its up to them as devs to save their game.

I'm not really feeling like playing much but will maintain my homes and hamlet, i call it a holding pattern :P
Small things make a difference, I just paid 375 usd for:
    Access to Alpha 2
    Access to Beta 1
    Access to Beta 2
    9 months of game time ($135 value)
    $125 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)
    The Wind's Veil Ship Skin!
    Hunter's Dwelling Freehold Skin!
    Wrath's Legacy Costume!
    Shroud of the Fallen!
    Wrath's Harbinger Pet!
    Noble Warhorn Mount!
    Name Reservation!

None of them will affect game play, and I know it might be considered stupid by most people, but my time is quite a bit more valuable to me than a few $100. Skins, mount and pet are a bonus, but why I'm actually paying for it is the early access of the game and 9 months of game time. Costumes sound silly but it is essentially shit you put over your armor.

Reply #50
I don't find that stupid in the least.  People pay hundreds or even thousands to watch OTHER people play sports.  By comparison your expenditures seem vastly more sane to me.

• SomeBK
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #51

Access to Alpha 2
    Access to Beta 1
    Access to Beta 2
    Wrath's Legacy Costume!
    Shroud of the Fallen!
    Wrath's Harbinger Pet!
    Noble Warhorn Mount!
    Name Reservation!

None of them will affect game play, and I know it might be considered stupid by most people, but my time is quite a bit more valuable to me than a few $100. Skins, mount and pet are a bonus, but why I'm actually paying for it is the early access of the game and 9 months of game time. Costumes sound silly but it is essentially shit you put over your armor.
What game?
Fair enough ill be there, Actually can we do it Thurs
(ive been lugging boxes of books all morning from a collection I bought and a little beat)

Reply #52

Access to Alpha 2
    Access to Beta 1
    Access to Beta 2
    Wrath's Legacy Costume!
    Shroud of the Fallen!
    Wrath's Harbinger Pet!
    Noble Warhorn Mount!
    Name Reservation!

What game?

Seems to be Ashes of Creation. Personally I'm not interested in that one but more power to you.

Reply #53
Seems to be Ashes of Creation. Personally I'm not interested in that one but more power to you.
Correct.

It is quite a bit different than DF and a lot of new thinking but all the new thinking seems very very cool to me, biggest downside is no full loot if you are not red. At the end of the day, full loot is not important for me. What is important however is that a death should cost and it seems to be like that here. On the winning side of PvP the motivation is the bragging rights on official ladder. One of the biggest draw though, which I've now learned from a two time DF experience, is to bet money and time on a good studio. Studio wise, I've never seen anything better and that I respect more than Intrepid Studios, I do however have limited experience. Studios that engage in streams, discord, Q and A and dev talks is a fucking breeze of fresh air though. Sure, they might at times talk about their coffee maker, but they are at least talking to us.

Fuck, I've even seen the company owner and creative director sit and stream while he is playing with people in alpha to test the engine, and that is a company with 40-50 people. Amazingly refreshing.

I've researched 15 or so upcoming MMOS but Ashes is top 4 now.

/m
  • Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:21:25 am by makaveli

• Valar
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #54
Correct.

It is quite a bit different than DF and a lot of new thinking but all the new thinking seems very very cool to me, biggest downside is no full loot if you are not red. At the end of the day, full loot is not important for me. What is important however is that a death should cost and it seems to be like that here. On the winning side of PvP the motivation is the bragging rights on official ladder. One of the biggest draw though, which I've now learned from a two time DF experience, is to bet money and time on a good studio. Studio wise, I've never seen anything better and that I respect more than Intrepid Studios, I do however have limited experience. Studios that engage in streams, discord, Q and A and dev talks is a fucking breeze of fresh air though. Sure, they might at times talk about their coffee maker, but they are at least talking to us.

Fuck, I've even seen the company owner and creative director sit and stream while he is playing with people in alpha to test the engine, and that is a company with 40-50 people. Amazingly refreshing.

/m

Ashes of Creation CEO is a very trustworthy man who made his money through scamming people with his pyramid schemes.

Reply #55
Correct.

/m

Correct.

/m

Ashes of Creation CEO is a very trustworthy man who made his money through scamming people with his pyramid schemes.

Played a invite only session. Let's just say they are playing 'fast and loose' with releasing information on how their game really works.

@Valar funny you would say that I had never heard of him before and as we were discussing the validity of their E3 video (specifically things they had omitted) he announced the publisher who is a notorious scam company

Reply #56
I don't know if you are referring to that he opened up a website as a seller/recruit for an MLM company when he was 18 or if you are referring to something else. Frankly, if you want to educate me, then this is not entirely the place but feel free to write a PM. I do feel quite comfortable in my ability to judge people and read between the lines, I'm a skeptic and paranoid to a fault according to myself and other people that know me. I end up being right most of the times though, with up to a 10 year marginal. Frankly, I could not care less what he/you/someone did at the age short of rape. Since I do not know how he or his family got involved, I'm not speculating in whether they did it with their eyes open or not. His own statement is that most of his money during that time came from actually selling the product but I don't really put any value to that when making my decision and that is for two reasons: I do not know if he is telling the truth and I do not care what he managed to get into when he was 18. From what I've seen with the talks and the info about the studio, I'm more than happy to invest my money with them.

Played a invite only session. Let's just say they are playing 'fast and loose' with releasing information on how their game really works.
This is a shame, feel free to send me some references so I can judge for myself what I think about it. Would very much like to see if I feel they are straight up lies or if I feel it is a part of a game in pre alpha. If this is referring to that the current alpha is more a battle royal/battle grounds then I'm quite aware of that. As in, I'm so far comfortable with the fact that the most recent PAX didn't show much more than the previous one.

@Valar funny you would say that I had never heard of him before and as we were discussing the validity of their E3 video (specifically things they had omitted) he announced the publisher who is a notorious scam company
My.com stuff has been a shitstorm, I have however tried to find info from both side of the story and it has calmed me. As long as they don't have anything to say about the games direction (i.e. Pay2Win), which is supposed to be the case, then I am happy with that and my concerns are settled. They also have SLAs in regards to server performance, are trying to figure out how to handle the previous lacking support and they are packaging their own software.

In short, I do not know the truth about any of this, I can't predict the future and I have only done my research for a limited period of time. I believe that this is where I might end up putting my time so that is why I put my money there too. If you feel that I am utterly wrong somewhere and if you have the time and energy to educate me, feel free to write a PM. I will continue with my research of this and the 4 other potential games.

/m
  • Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:00:14 pm by makaveli

Reply #57
I don't know if you are referring to that he opened up a website as a seller/recruit for an MLM company when he was 18 or if you are referring to something else. Frankly, if you want to educate me, then this is not entirely the place but feel free to write a PM. I do feel quite comfortable in my ability to judge people and read between the lines, I'm a skeptic and paranoid to a fault according to myself and other people that know me. I end up being right most of the times though, with up to a 10 year marginal. Frankly, I could not care less what he/you/someone did at the age short of rape. Since I do not know how he or his family got involved, I'm not speculating in whether they did it with their eyes open or not. His own statement is that most of his money during that time came from actually selling the product but I don't really put any value to that when making my decision and that is for two reasons: I do not know if he is telling the truth and I do not care what he managed to get into when he was 18. From what I've seen with the talks and the info about the studio, I'm more than happy to invest my money with them.

This is a shame, feel free to send me some references so I can judge for myself what I think about it. Would very much like to see if I feel they are straight up lies or if I feel it is a part of a game in pre alpha. If this is referring to that the current alpha is more a battle royal/battle grounds then I'm quite aware of that. As in, I'm so far comfortable with the fact that the most recent PAX didn't show much more than the previous one.

My.com stuff has been a shitstorm, I have however tried to find info from both side of the story and it has calmed me. As long as they don't have anything to say about the games direction (i.e. Pay2Win), which is supposed to be the case, then I am happy with that and my concerns are settled. They also have SLAs in regards to server performance, are trying to figure out how to handle the previous lacking support and they are packaging their own software.

In short, I do not know the truth about any of this, I can't predict the future and I have only done my research for a limited period of time. I believe that this is where I might end up putting my time so that is why I put my money there too. If you feel that I am utterly wrong somewhere and if you have the time and energy to educate me, feel free to write a PM. I will continue with my research of this and the 4 other potential games.

/m

I mentioned this in the other thread but we were talking about how in the game play video there's one point where he snaps to a guy hiding and reveals and kills him. He was able to do that because it's TAB Target combat. It's been edited to make it look like it's free aim FPS but it's not, and the attacks that don't use tab targeting use more of a action-based then pinpoint FPS hit system.

And my.com has been caught doing every horrible thing that you can think of, secretly installing add viruses through their game launcher slowing down servers unless you pay the premium just every stupid thing you could imagine they've actually done. The really telling fact is ashes of creation stated in response to the my.com Fiasco just don't use their game launcher. So just acknowledging that yes they do all this Shady stuff but we still went with them

• memes
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #58
My.com are 100% corrupt dogshit Russians, you can safely ignore all games with their stain on it

Reply #59
My.com are 100% corrupt dogshit Russians, you can safely ignore all games with their stain on it

Even this guy gets it, that's how sad AoC is