Skip to main content

Topic: Global markets while _inDev (Read 192 times) previous topic - next topic

Global markets while _inDev
Make markets global while we are still in beta. Let's see if that spices up the economy or not. It's obvious it will take several years to finish the vision, why let those who are still playing suffer? Some QoL patches would be nice too.

Re: Global markets while _inDev
Reply #1
That would allow us to teleport goods, right? So, you want them to disable local banking too?

I say NO to this suggestion.

Reply #2
By this time most of us filled up every useful bank, who cares? Trades are not happening though.

You already could teleport goods if there were dedicated merhcant clans for this, as people hoped there would. But there aren't any, system has to solve the gap.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #3
You can already teleport stuff across the world for ~250k + 25h delay
Wyverex Erisian, SG of Scrubs

Still a member of SaltyBitches™ Club

Reply #4
That's a mistake and should be dealt with. Introduction of more convenient ways to exploit localization is not something I'm looking for.

Reply #5
That's a mistake and should be dealt with. Introduction of more convenient ways to exploit localization is not something I'm looking for.
I agree - Retrieval Vault should only be accessible in the closest legit bank (chaos bank / chaos city / your own holding), not anywhere in the world.

Reply #6
Wyverex, you would rather race change or roll an alt and raise crafting again, than buying other racial goods. How do you think trades will ever happen in this game if the tools for it are so limited?

I really don't understand this localization bullshit you all are praying for, what does it give to the game? Once a year you get some fat loot some noob transporting 50 rares on a raft? For that we all have to farm our own enchants? Open you eyes already, this system requires more traders than usuall players to work.
IGN: "Eilis Traee"
However, you have to take into account why we are introducing local banking.
In New Dawn, its main purpose is to be a convenience feature.
"Things just got worse."

Reply #7
If you're gonna bring in-game talk here, do it properly.
I said "I almost feel like race changing our clan crafting alt because of retarded unbalance in crafting costs"

As for localization - it could've mattered, if it was actually done right. But there's so many things destroying localization (maps and VCPs being main sources) that it doesn't even matter now.
Game is pretty dead, markets are very dead (at least Alfar + chaos markets), and everyone who still plays farms his own stuff (making Localization just an annoyance)

Reply #8
I kinda wanna see regional markets. Markets in their respective racial land should be connected at least. Maybe connect the three chaos markets in the middle but those dont matter much anyway.

Reply #9
I kinda wanna see regional markets. Markets in their respective racial land should be connected at least. Maybe connect the three chaos markets in the middle but those dont matter much anyway.
A fine suggestion, imo.

Reply #10

Yeah this is so fkn obvious, I told them so when they were about to implement remote market view. Town placement in this game doesnt make sense. Three starter towns 2 min run to each other and then with separate markets doesnt make any sense.

Resources are not localized enough, markets placed wrong, the map is too small, mounts are too fast (I know it's not a popular opinion)... the dream about local banking and trading caravans and so on... it won't work like that. In the very beginning I thought they were going for some major overhauls not just slapping the local banking over existing world without any changes.

Reply #11
Personally I love local banking.

I do most of my crafting from one city. If I need mats for that crafting I need to travel and get those mats and then risk bringing them back to where I want to craft from.

More interesting than just drop them in any bank and they are magically where I want them.
That material risk is an extension of why Darkfall is interesting in the first place.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck

Reply #12
Yeah this is so fkn obvious, I told them so when they were about to implement remote market view. Town placement in this game doesnt make sense. Three starter towns 2 min run to each other and then with separate markets doesnt make any sense.
If this is a problem, just remove markets from starter cities, leave one in every race capital and in remote NPC cities. No to global or regional.
  • Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:32:29 am by wildNothing

Reply #13
If this is a problem, just remove markets from starter cities, leave one in every race capital and in remote NPC cities. No to global or regional.

It's not a problem, It just doesn't make any sense, but yeah you can as well remove other markets as people used just one market per racial land anyway.

It wouldn't be much different If the starter cities' markets were regional, just a little more convenient.
  • Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:52:50 am by sodapop

Reply #14
- When a holding is lost through a siege:
   - The inventories of members of the owner clan and its allies go in a retrieval vault.
   - The content of the retrieval vault can be withdrawn only in one go.
   - That content can only be retrieved in nearby banks.

from last patch of indev

are you saying patchnotes are innacurate and you have successfully teleported stuff across the map or is this rumors?
ADD ME ON SNAPCHAT: PETIT_CHAT69

You should recomend the game to new players. It's never been in a better state