Skip to main content

Topic: Communication (Read 966 times) previous topic - next topic

Communication
I'm honestly considering going to Rise of Agon at this point, purely for the fact that their dev team actually interacts with the playerbase.  They are constantly discussing things with members in the Discord, they respond to forums, and they are still patching.

@Ub3rgames you are going to start losing your members extremely soon if you don't get your shit together. I don't know if this is EU mentality or what, but how you guys handle your customer interaction is EXACTLY like Aventurine, and it's sickening.

Step it up nerds.

Re: Communication
Reply #1
Relax, they're working summerjobs in the strawberry fields so that they can fund their vision. No time for texting!

Reply #2
If you are so "CreZee" why do you sound like you are about to cry?

Reply #3
If you are so "CreZee" why do you sound like you are about to cry?
Eh, it's a play on words with my initials. CRE. I'm not about to cry, I just find it utterly disappointing that so called Darkfall players wanted to buy this license because they saw the problems AV had and could fix them, but then they recycle the same garbage.

Reply #4
They do not recycle the same garbage. Game has changed. It's simply not finished.
Yeah, it's strange they do not post anything. I don't think you threatening that you will go to RoA will change anything in that matter. All it changes is our perception of you.

Reply #5
They do not recycle the same garbage. Game has changed. It's simply not finished.
Yeah, it's strange they do not post anything. I don't think you threatening that you will go to RoA will change anything in that matter. All it changes is our perception of you.
Perception of me is entirely irrelevant. I am not the only one that is overly frustrated at the lack of communication.  Sure, not everyone else wants to jump ship to Rise of Agon, but regardless where they go, they won't be here.  I'm making two points with this thread - This game was licensed out to two companies, who are vastly different in their approach (One communicating and one saying fuck you), and the approach that Ub3rgames is taking is certainly going to kill off what remaining base it has.

Reply #6
Well, I'm happy they are silent. There was nothing more frustrating on this forum than ub3rgames responses. So I don't have a big problem with them not communicating. Just waiting for a patch. If it comes in next few weeks - I'm good.

Reply #7
If there isn't communication or a patch this Friday I'm going to struggle mightily to keep the clan interested.  We are already offering free gear to show up to duels, sieging every other night now and still have very poor retention rates for daily activity. 

VCP's don't cut it and hardly anybody is motivated to travel for them despite my pointing out all the clusters around the world that go live near each other and how one could travel between them to always have a cluster of VCP's in their prime time.   That shit requires logistics most players aren't willing to put in the time for.

It's hard to remain optimistic in the face of a month of silence.

Reply #8
It's summertime so I'm not as bothered as I could be. However going from actively discussing in PM's/forum and even jumping into a discord channel to complete silence and "we don't need to communicate anymore" is beyond bad. Why the extremely drastic change?
Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #9
As always it would be much better to come out and admit that yes perhaps  summer and vacations are affecting the schedule and activity. Which i assume is the issue here. Most would understand, or i would at least. Small team isnt something like hundred plus behemoth unaffected by seasons, time zones and real life.

And if you dont, speculations will run rampart, even "engineers" or especially them, should have no trouble seeing it and find time to honestly explain what is going on.

Reply #10
It's summertime so I'm not as bothered as I could be. However going from actively discussing in PM's/forum and even jumping into a discord channel to complete silence and "we don't need to communicate anymore" is beyond bad. Why the extremely drastic change?

its really concerning and odd behavior.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #11
As always it would be much better to come out and admit that yes perhaps  summer and vacations are affecting the schedule and activity. Which i assume is the issue here. Most would understand, or i would at least. Small team isnt something like hundred plus behemoth unaffected by seasons, time zones and real life.

And if you dont, speculations will run rampart, even "engineers" or especially them, should have no trouble seeing it and find time to honestly explain what is going on.
But if that's the case why not just say so?

"Hey boys and girl we're taking a break for the summer. Looking forward to coming back with some fresh energy in August."

Azmoodeus Barnmere
Garbage Men

Reply #12

But if that's the case why not just say so?

"Hey boys and girl we're taking a break for the summer. Looking forward to coming back with some fresh energy in August."

2.5 years no profits, 12 ppl with bills to pay and the bank rejected their pleads for anothe rloan.. its probably over. Hopefully another dev team in future can get liscense and try this again.
Ingame names
New Dawn: Kenshiro Ryu
Dragon Empire SG
Help defend the Humanlands! Join us!
Are you the Dragon Hero of Legends?

Reply #13
Bad game is bad.
Bad company is obvious.
Must be that typical european work ethic.

I feel like shit for talking 2 people into buying this garbage. We could have had a nice lunch and a couple beers and got more enjoyment out of our money.

Now the ub3r devs get to spend it at some fancy Parisian whore house and im stuck beerless, lunchless and gameless :(
My dreams are all dead and buried
Sometimes I wish the sun would just explode
When God comes and calls me to his kingdom
I'll take all ya sons of bitches when I go!
Let her blow!

• Niburu
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14
Will be interesting what the reason for this long communication break is.
Darkfall is the best experience on PC with my pants not unzipped.