Skip to main content

Topic: Game Update 2.1: Necromancy and signature spells (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Game Update 2.1: Necromancy and signature spells
Reply #60
terribly boring patch as expected
Dog

Reply #61
@Ub3rgames

Why are chaos chests faster mediation source than champion spawns?
Why do nakeds capping villages reward what is meant to be a pvp spot? And don't argue we should go kill the nakeds. I'm med capped and can't be bothered to go kill a naked imperial dreams guy in an island village again and again.
Why do dungeon dailies just ask to kill the same mob in the back of the dungeon instead of have to clear x  of each mob in the dungeon to make use of what's there?
- seem like pretty easy tweaks compared to other stuff.

-It's random vs triggered for chaos chests, and they're on the global number so as the population rises you'll get less individually, but right now the low pop you're to get a ton.

There's no answer to nakeds on VCP's on distant points. Is the game going to block you unless you have gear on ?which the minimum would have to be a robe for Mages , so they'll put robes on them again easily passable. The only answer is to go out there and kill them. Maybe increase the reward for killing a character on a vcp? But that's about the only thing I think you can do.

- those are old Legacy Quest and I wouldn't put too much past then being either completely reworked with the upcoming patches or just removed/redundant- doesn't really matter man

Reply #62
@Ub3rgames

Why do nakeds capping villages reward what is meant to be a pvp spot? And don't argue we should go kill the nakeds. I'm med capped and can't be bothered to go kill a naked imperial dreams guy in an island village again and again.
Why do dungeon dailies just ask to kill the same mob in the back of the dungeon instead of have to clear x  of each mob in the dungeon to make use of what's there?

-It's random vs triggered for chaos chests, and they're on the global number so as the population rises you'll get less individually, but right now the low pop you're to get a ton.

There's no answer to nakeds on VCP's on distant points. Is the game going to block you unless you have gear on ?which the minimum would have to be a robe for Mages , so they'll put robes on them again easily passable. The only answer is to go out there and kill them. Maybe increase the reward for killing a character on a vcp? But that's about the only thing I think you can do.

- those are old Legacy Quest and I wouldn't put too much past then being either completely reworked with the upcoming patches or just removed/redundant- doesn't really matter man

Ivar - what do you think of the idea of a player being drained of health, stam and mana while in the claimable radius of the VCP, thereby forcing them to wear armour or keep transferring to balance these ticks.

Just enough that it would kill an afk naked over the claiming period.
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
(Yes I finally made an alt)
Darkfall New Dawn - the game you play when you grow out of Fortnite

Reply #63
@Ub3rgames

Ivar - what do you think of the idea of a player being drained of health, stam and mana while in the claimable radius of the VCP, thereby forcing them to wear armour or keep transferring to balance these ticks.

Just enough that it would kill an afk naked over the claiming period.

ever heard of scripts? ;)
Dunnin Dainstaff - TTD

Reply #64
@Ub3rgames IMO your patch velocity is great and you banged out some good changes in doublequick time. 

But the negative community response suggests that people want at least one "WOW" with each patch.  As much as some people claim "we want frequent patching" I think it's clear that a balancing patch without any major deliverables (bindstone quests, warfronts, watchtowers) are not going to be received well.  Human psychology suxx.

My opinion:  nice balancing patch, delivered at a good speed. 

Reply #65
@Ub3rgames IMO your patch velocity is great and you banged out some good changes in doublequick time. 

But the negative community response suggests that people want at least one "WOW" with each patch.  As much as some people claim "we want frequent patching" I think it's clear that a balancing patch without any major deliverables (bindstone quests, warfronts, watchtowers) are not going to be received well.  Human psychology suxx.

I got a WOW out of it.

I leveled up necro school and title to fit my hybrid build. The patch hit, and I was like WOW this is garbage. :(

Reply #66
I have to admit that I'm glad I dropped Necro a month ago.  It's a nice "filler" school but no longer the "mandatory top three" schools that it used to be.  But... is that a bad thing?

Reply #67

You can't please all of the people all of the time.

I just hope Uber plan to have the warfronts etc solidly in place before the E3 tsunami hits.

Also @Ub3rgames - you have mentioned a lot in this thread about what magic school suits what playstyles.
You really need to communicate this concisely to new players so they can make those first decisions as accurately as possible.

I'm still trying to decide which magic school suits a 380 ping pve'r that wants to help in sieges and warfronts :)
  • Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 07:31:09 am by Alberton
Chunder McBushpig and Chunder Struck
(Yes I finally made an alt)
Darkfall New Dawn - the game you play when you grow out of Fortnite

Reply #68
Leisurely  is a terrible choice of a word. Makes you sound like it's not that important and that you're lazy.
Use steadily instead.
Change it in OP. Many wont scroll through this thread to see the correction.

@Ub3rgames 
100%
dodgy bastard

Reply #69
I have to admit that I'm glad I dropped Necro a month ago.  It's a nice "filler" school but no longer the "mandatory top three" schools that it used to be.  But... is that a bad thing?

It's worse than Raw magic. Have you ever seen a raw mage?

Reply #70
@Ub3rgames, what you can say to us about missile fury? As i remember, it will be like stationary gun. So, i can imagine what caster will be stand on siege, casting and do a lot AOE dmg. He will be defenseless to enemy nukes, they can focus him, so he will demand healing by mates. Its very nice, coz demand some teamplay from two sides. Also, it will be nice too, if spell will require a lot of mana. And then the allies will have to use the Lend Mana, so that he can effectively shoot.
Can we discuss that spell, before you introduce it in patch?
Dolly Monk

Reply #71
IMO your patch velocity is great and you banged out some good changes in doublequick time. 
Ppl even dont read, what Ubergames said. They said: "here is patch on magic, enjoy it. We are still working on another changes". So, this patch not mean, what developers spend two weeks ONLY on magic changes. And behind "we fix WoF bug" can be a lot of works, actualy.

Thx a lot for patch, developers! Especialy i like Healing chant, will see healing station on sieges. Its demand some tactics, work leader, teamwork and right using territory.
Dolly Monk

• Fnights
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #72
Thanks for the update, waiting for more pve content, and of course the bindstone quest and racial warfronts.
  • Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 09:51:22 am by Fnights
DnD full roadmap
Darkfall Online (Eu-1)
2009~2012
DF1 broken issues

Reply #73
@Ub3rgames, what you can say to us about missile fury? As i remember, it will be like stationary gun. So, i can imagine what caster will be stand on siege, casting and do a lot AOE dmg. He will be defenseless to enemy nukes, they can focus him, so he will demand healing by mates. Its very nice, coz demand some teamplay from two sides. Also, it will be nice too, if spell will require a lot of mana. And then the allies will have to use the Lend Mana, so that he can effectively shoot.
Can we discuss that spell, before you introduce it in patch?
What madness of Melek is this!? As if Raw Magic isn't shit enough without your terrible suggestions for Missile Fury.

Reply #74
Has anyone been able to make necro work? I switched to water title in the meantime. I gave it a shot, it was too weak.